New Cruisers

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy,

Nice find, I have not heard of the Hampton Bikes before.

I like the models with the triple clamp fork. As a rider over 6' tall, I also like the optional 20.5" frames.

Did you notice any pricing on the site?

Thanks for the links, I like those white, cream tires on the 1903, and I agree, those forks are sick. Makes me want to try and fabricate something similar, I loves me springers. Has anyone tried to make any before?

i have a felt el guapo and felts are in my opinion the coolest out of the box cruisers but they are more expensive than other companies. i have not posted pics of it just because i felt (no pun intended) that it was not really a rat rod. i have changed a few things like really really tall ape hangers but other than that it is mostly stock.

karfer67 said:
i have a felt el guapo and felts are in my opinion the coolest out of the box cruisers but they are more expensive than other companies. i have not posted pics of it just because i felt (no pun intended) that it was not really a rat rod. i have changed a few things like really really tall ape hangers but other than that it is mostly stock.

Sounds like a perfect place to show it off...be my guest. :mrgreen:

I like the Felts alot, but not their price. I ran across a new "old" bike company that has some nice looking frames. You can also mildly customize the bike direct from Worksman.

Worksman

thanks i shall take some pics of her. i agree the felts are over priced but then again they do use a bunch of parts no one else does. the double crown fork for instance is much wider between the legs (did i just say that?) then say the kruzer king fork i normally use. they use 58mm wide rims which make the 3 inch wide tires look huge. even their tires are special and they are the only manufacture that i know of that makes a white tire. there are other companies i like worksman, electra, and the new kustom cruiser line (formally dyno) come to mind.

White tires

karfer67 said:
"even their tires are special and they are the only manufacture that i know of that makes a white tire"

I found Kenda makes an all white tire (at least they are forsale at bikepartsusa)
It is a standard 26X2.125

Kenda White Tire

thanks cman i have seen those before and they are cool but they are really white lol. the felt tires are different as they age they turn a cool cream color. if you have ever seen a really old motorcycle or car with white tires then you know the color i mean. but if i get desperate i might try those as well.

Felts...

That's funny...I just found that Felt homepage surfin' on the Chopperdome site (Amsterdam) the other night. Seems we don't see them in Canada as only 1 dealer in Quebec! I didn't think there would be interest here either...but gearheads are gearheads :!:

The one that I love is this:

vintage400.jpg

If you are into vintage motocross or were even around in the day (cough cough) it will make you smile. GO HUSKY 400!!!

Karfer' have you seen Fat Franks?

http://www.schwalbetires.com/cruising_in_cream_home

retrovelo%20banner%2001.jpg

paula.jpg

Fat Franks on ultra pricey 'RETROVELO' bikes sold on chopperdome that we don't see in Canada either for that matter. :lol:

Oh ya...and they are FAT!

http://www.chopperdome.com/index.php?op ... temid=1243

Shipping...

Have you checked out shipping to Canada???

$35 to the lower 48 some how changes to $175-$225 CDN when shipped to Canada (plus other border hastles, duties and criminal tax)...just what I found trying to buy on Flea-bay :cry: I guess ask for an actual quote before getting your heart set on that ride.

I was going to buy a Pea picker repo off flea but the shipping was about as much as the bike.

Free Trade hahahahahahahah

P.S. man those bikes are cheap...err I mean affordable, wonder what the quality of construction is like.

Also...I'm not giving up!!! I am going to find somewhere in Montana to accept my bike (schwinn repo...Gray Ghost or Purple high rise 2006) off Flea-bay and then drive down and pick it up. Pay duty at border. Most likely cost more...in fact could be the most expensive Schwinn repo going LOL, but hey I will get a little Holiday for what I save on shipping. :mrgreen: Best check what sorta duty I'll be paying.

Then again I might end up banged up in jail for trying to smuggle fake Schwinns into Canada.

Latest posts

Back