NEW BIKE-wow this one is a RAT...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got 20 bikes last week and this one was i nice find....I took everything apart and did a good clean....this bike rides better than most of my bikes...When I started nothing moved now it is a smooth as butter..I still don't know what it is so I am going to need a little help whit this one...So what is it...

100_0670.jpg

100_0676.jpg

100_0671.jpg

100_0672.jpg

100_0673.jpg

100_0674.jpg

100_0675.jpg

100_0677.jpg

100_0679.jpg

100_0665.jpg

100_0669.jpg

Deff a rat :mrgreen: I would ride it ;) Like the gumwall red tires too

I'd say it's definitely one of the Chain Bike Corp bikes, manufactured in Rockaway Beach, NY (whether branded as Ross, Starjet, or whatever else) around 1960. Looks good as it is, I don't think you need to do a thing to it! Great choice with the tires too.

Good to finally see the whole bike too ;)

Boneshaker said:
Step 1. Snatch that rack off.
Step 2. Add apes and a headlight.
Step 3. Lightly steelwool it to get the crusties off
Step 4. RIDE IT!

^-Bingo. :) that would look so sweet.

well It was a job....fixing this one..I was in bed trying to sleep but thinking about this bike....out of bed at 11;00 and done buy 3;00 am

someone told me that i could use baking soda and water to help slow down the rust and then hit it with a hair blower or some kind of oil??I was thinking about just spraying clear coat over the whole bike and call it done,,anyone know if there is a clear coat rust killer?OR i could sandblast it and paint it .lol i rode this bike up to the bar to show a friend and someone walked over to say nice bike and gave me 3 more bikes.

that top bike needs to go into the jalopy thread. heck thats what i would name it.

banana seat Brian said:
WAX...like car wax????????for real....how

Holy Bees wax, gathered from the secret hives of the sacred bees of Avalon, filtered through silk and purified by the heat generated by the thighs of a thousand cycling maidens.

Or car wax, whichever.

wow, you are going to have a great collection of tankers soon! Can't wait to see more pics of your new additions. What were the 3 bikes you got for free?

MadMick said:
Holy Bees wax, gathered from the secret hives of the sacred bees of Avalon, filtered through silk and purified by the heat generated by the thighs of a thousand cycling maidens.

That's just hilarious :lol:

MadMick said:
banana seat Brian said:
WAX...like car wax????????for real....how

Or car wax, whichever.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back