NEW BELGIUM BREWERY BIKES!!!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DHrider said:
blacksheep said:
My 2009 Schwinn that my wife won.
100_1899_jzjw.jpg

ouhhhhhh this is my favorite.... very nice bike.

Hey, that one's mine! :) I'll have to get some new pics of it. I have removed the rack, chopped a tiny bit off the springer coil to stretch the wheelbase out about 2", and added a set of blackwall Fat Franks. Looks a little hot roddish now.

I LOVE the '09s, very old school. I think I'd trade mine for one, given the chance.

Love it. The Schwalbes fill out the fenders very nicely. Hard to make a beer run without a rack though! :mrgreen:

BarnesTO said:
Hard to make a beer run without a rack though! :mrgreen:

Agreed, but that rack just doesn't look good. It should have been red. The black makes it look like it was thrown on as an afterthought. I really love how it looks without it, so that rack is just going to hang in the garage. BTW, thanks for the compliment. 8)

Does anyone know how many of the felt new belgiums they make a year. I have the 2010 and at first i could have sworn that i read that only 1700 were made, then i heard 2000 were made , now i am seeing bikes being sold with limited number of over 2000.

Ill be honest, i felt special at first, but know i'm wondering how limited these numbered bikes really are. :roll:

i know they have the give away bikes, but they also give their employees a bike after theyve worked there a year, i think the bikes they give their employees are different than the giveaway bikes but honestly i have no idea how they # them

i know there used to be the fat tire/new belgium "team wonderbike" forums but it looks like they are redoing the site for now. that probably would have been the place to ask.

rydr1 said:
Does anyone know how many of the felt new belgiums they make a year. I have the 2010 and at first i could have sworn that i read that only 1700 were made, then i heard 2000 were made , now i am seeing bikes being sold with limited number of over 2000.

Ill be honest, i felt special at first, but know i'm wondering how limited these numbered bikes really are. :roll:

I remember reading an article online about Carver Surf Racks, the makers of the 2010 front rack, and he was contracted to build 2600 racks, so there must be 2600 bikes, although from what I've heard there are a lot of bikes out there that came without a rack. There are definitely more than 1700 out there because my bike is #1882. They are STILL special, especially if you won one....I know I've got the only one in Yuma and although I saw several at last October's TDF in Tempe, I got endless compliments. Hope I can snag a 2011 this coming summer, I'll enter every day, that's for sure!

Mine may be 1882 out of 2600 but it's the ONLY one decked out like mine! :mrgreen:

BarnesTO said:
rydr1 said:

I remember reading an article online about Carver Surf Racks, the makers of the 2010 front rack, and he was contracted to build 2600 racks, so there must be 2600 bikes, although from what I've heard there are a lot of bikes out there that came without a rack. There are definitely more than 1700 out there because my bike is #1882. They are STILL special, especially if you won one....I know I've got the only one in Yuma and although I saw several at last October's TDF in Tempe, I got endless compliments. Hope I can snag a 2011 this coming summer, I'll enter every day, that's for sure!

Mine may be 1882 out of 2600 but it's the ONLY one decked out like mine! :mrgreen:

were can i enter to win?

If the company was contracted to make 2600 racks then there has to be more than 2600 because some came without them, mine came without one so that makes it 2601 bikes at least. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the info guys.

No, I'm thinking they were CONTRACTED to build 2600 but fell short. It's a small operation and I think they bit off more than they could chew. Rydr, where did you get yours? Did you buy it or win it?

Memorial Day weekend is when the online drawings begin at New Belgium's website....

BarnesTO said:
No, I'm thinking they were CONTRACTED to build 2600 but fell short. It's a small operation and I think they bit off more than they could chew. Rydr, where did you get yours? Did you buy it or win it?

Memorial Day weekend is when the online drawings begin at New Belgium's website....

I bought mine from a guy here in San Diego who won it at a golfing charity event. The guy was so happy to get rid of it so he could get more golf clubs and I was so happy to pick it up. :mrgreen:

Oh, see if youlive in CA you can't win one online....pretty lame, but probably makes them very rare there. One of these days when I come up to ride @ Pacific Beach I'll bring my NBB bike because I know it'll be the only one there.

I've heard that bikes won at raffles through liquor stores and whatnot do not have the rack for whatever reason, which sucks....I'm sure there are a few hundred bikes out there that are rackless....

BarnesTO said:
Oh, see if youlive in CA you can't win one online....pretty lame, but probably makes them very rare there. One of these days when I come up to ride @ Pacific Beach I'll bring my NBB bike because I know it'll be the only one there.

I've heard that bikes won at raffles through liquor stores and whatnot do not have the rack for whatever reason, which sucks....I'm sure there are a few hundred bikes out there that are rackless....

the only ones i have seen in CA are the ones for sale online. if you like PB, you may also like Huntington beach. Its a long stretch for a nice bike ride. Where are you from?

I'm in Yuma, AZ, just over the hill from SD :wink:

This summer a bunch of my friends met up in SD because an old buddy was in Coronado for school so we spent some time in PB and on Coronado riding and I'd love to do it again as soon as it warms up. I cannot visit PB without spending at least a half hour at Bicycle Discovery :roll:

BarnesTO said:
I cannot visit PB without spending at least a half hour at Bicycle Discovery :roll:

That place has a great selection of bikes. I had a good experience there too. I purchased my wife's Phat Cycles Nadine from there. They gave me a discount on the bike due to a minor scratch.

From one of the workers, that place is owned by the owner of phat cycles. I believe it, they push out phat cycles sea breeze models out like crazy.

That makes sense....there are giant pics from the Phat catalogs on the front of the store, and most of the catalog's pics were taken right down the street along the boardwalk and pier....LOVE those catalogs; wish some of those girls worked in the store, lol

Latest posts

Back