Name change: The Silver King & Queen

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Documentation of the over spending of my 1936 Monark Silver Kings

Going to do His & Hers builds. Here's mine:
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/monark-silver-king.80294/

Here's the women's frame:
WSK2-vi.jpg

WSK1-vi.jpg

Stay tuned!!

Women's serial number:
SKwomensserialnumber15Jan2014-vi.jpg

Did the 1st scrubbing of the men's frame. Got the grime off it and can see the battle scars its received over the years. It'll take some sanding in a couple spots but all in all I don't think its that bad.....
SK1stCleaning15Jan201401-vi.jpg

SK1stCleaning15Jan201402-vi.jpg

I'm leaning towards using the 3G copper wheels with some already weathered Cream Thick Bricks, an oddball Seiss brass headlight set I have and a brass looking taillight I found online. I bought some aluminum handlebars off eBay that should go with the flow and I'll use the originals on the women's SK. I'm debating on one of those hairpin saddles for use but don't know how comfortable it would be for long cruises.

The women's SK is getting red wheels but unsure on which tires. I can't decide on whether I like the look of cream tires on red rims yet.

I'm leaning towards using the 3G copper wheels with some already weathered Cream Thick Bricks, an oddball Seiss brass headlight set I have and a brass looking taillight I found online. I bought some aluminum handlebars off eBay that should go with the flow and I'll use the originals on the women's SK. I'm debating on one of those hairpin saddles for use but don't know how comfortable it would be for long cruises.

The women's SK is getting red wheels but unsure on which tires. I can't decide on whether I like the look of cream tires on red rims yet.

Cream on red is a little odd, but cream on burgundy is my FAVORITE color combo!

Okay....to be honest, I'm not going to be able to spend a boat load of cash on these. I'm going to make them to be a nice pair of cruisers. Got a little more work done on mine this evening. I can see that the neck I bought for it won't work, I need to find a way to get the seat to mount on the post, a couple minor adjustments need to be made to the truss bracket to allow the tire to fit. I still need to get a chain and some grips. Went out to a couple stores today but no luck......:(

SKmock21Jan201402-vi.jpg

SKmock21Jan201404-vi.jpg

Thanks but not quite. I'm trying to get it together for this weekend's show, but will tear it back down afterwards to re-do a couple things while I'm working on the "Silver Queen".

Got the new bars in for the King today. The orig SK bars will go to the Queen. The Queen will get a repair weld and then it's time to build. Pics tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back