My Stable of new builds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I would stick them all together for a group shot. Its hard to get good pictures of several bikes ,but you get the idea. enjoy :lol:

mystable001.jpg

mystable003.jpg

mystable004.jpg

mystable005.jpg

Yeah mark I built it a while back and it lives on my wall. Its one of my favorites being a Elgin and all so I thought I would add it to the mix.

Sorry Maddog no Schwinns in the group. 2 Elgins 1 Hiawatha 1 Hawthorne 1 Roadmaster ...and a partrige in a pear tree

Any one you want Skip they all ride really good....the red and black Hiawatha rides the best...so far :wink:

Man i wanna go for a ride on that red one. Will all those bike get sold this spring?
Just messin with ya on the Schwinn thing, with all those i wouldnt think about a Schinn either.

Man I dont know Maddog, I like all of them. Its going to be really hard to sell one. I may wind up like the guy at chestnut hollow and tell you they are all for sale at some real high price where you wont buy one. :shock:

cman said:
All fendered and guarded. What is the plate this week for "Uncle Stretch's Garage"?

For some reason I'm in neutral Clancy . I still need to finish the lime green one everybody hates and I really havent got the urge. The wife just came home from the store with a new load of Twinkies and Ding Dongs so a couple days on the couch watching westerns may be in order. :eek:

Uncle Stretch said:
The wife just came home from the store with a new load of Twinkies and Ding Dongs so a couple days on the couch watching westerns may be in order. :eek:
We may have painting weather here this weekend but my "Twinkie Western" addiction happens to be skiing. So not paint for my Elgin, but I did by the paint the other day.

great bunch of bikes,as usual! :mrgreen: but the hawthorne is still my favorite. the bike is pure eye candy! 8) downloaded some of the pics,for reference,for when i get around to doing my hawthorne! :wink:

TAKE COVER EVERYONE, ITS A TEXAS LONGHORN STAMPEDE!
mystable003.jpg

So much for hibernating through the winter, like some of us. Great job. Cant wait to see you build a real rat bike, you know something with a little rust , I mean patina, on it. But first, eat a twinkie, watch a western, then get back at it, you're burnin daylight.

Thats funny ,I spent several hours with the oven cleaner ,on my latest roadmaster frame. I got it down to an about 80% original paint. I took it to my shop and shot about 5 coats of clear on it and stood back and looked......Whatever that is inside me ...wont let me have anything that has rust or paint missing. I will depatinaize it and come up with some cool color. I hate that I cant leave one ah la natural ,but it just dosent work for me. :cry: :cry:

Hey thanks . Its a prewar Elgin. Its the one that lives on the wall in my house. I did a three color dart scheme on that one and it helped alot. :wink:

Back