my self-build stretch-cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, it's not finished yet, but i wanted to present my first build to you.
i started this build at eastern or around that time.
my orientation with the design were old bikes of the 30's, 20's and earlier, so i build a springer fork for it. the first version wasn't that durable and i did like leaf-springs better, so i changed it...
well, here are pics:
1523424.jpg

1523425.jpg

with the new springs:
1523426.jpg

1523427.jpg

1523428.jpg

and new bars to prevent a hurting back :wink:
1523429.jpg

1523430.jpg

1523431.jpg

our cat likes it, too :mrgreen:
1523432.jpg

probably the next thing i'm gonna do is build a girder-fork for it, because this one is pretty wobbly, then a 3" rim in the front with drumbrakes, and somewhen i'm gonna finish it with a very nice paintjob( :roll: ) :wink: :mrgreen:
greets,

nils

thatismytruck said:
I agree. no paint. Is it heavy though?
no, it's not heavy, it's only about 55-60lbs. i was surprised myself :)

and yes, i will paint it. i already got a very cool paint scheme :mrgreen:

Square tubing - cool. I like it.

In the first picture next to the canon (!), can we see more pictures of the black bike?

man that bike looks awsome!!!!! it looks like you could drive through a brick wall with it.....

Dude whats the angle of your rake on the steering tube. the only reason why i havnt put a triple tree on is becasue i need to adjust my rake so that my stretch isnt siting high and my bike length isnt compromised.

check out my work in progress called "the stretcher"

PRAISE THE LOWERED said:
Dude whats the angle of your rake on the steering tube. the only reason why i havnt put a triple tree on is becasue i need to adjust my rake so that my stretch isnt siting high and my bike length isnt compromised.

check out my work in progress called "the stretcher"
sorry, i didn't completely understand what you want to tell me :roll: :oops:
but i can say that i don't have a clue about the angle the steering tube has and by now i have pushed the fork-tubes so deep after cutting some material (the chromed) from the lower tree that i can use the pedals as kickstands now :mrgreen:

aka_locojoe said:
ifitsfreeitsforme said:
Square tubing - cool. I like it.

In the first picture next to the canon (!), can we see more pictures of the black bike?

Very cool. Nice job.

That black bike caught my attention also.
there you go:
http://www.tretharley.de/phpbb/viewtopi ... a&start=60
it's the bike of a friend of mine. the link leeds to the page where you can see the bike as it is now. on page1 you can see it as on the picture ii have posted here :wink:

You pretty much hit it in simple terms! :)

take a look at my bike and you will see that the angle of my steering tube would mean that if i traded my springer fork in for a triple tree i would lose about a foot of length and even at its lowest point i will still bea bout 6 inches higher than i am now...so i gotta increase that steering tube angle!!!!

i just noticed youre from germany so forgive me if I'm being ignorant. "Rake" refers to the llaid back angle of the steering. like on a motorcycle.

@PRAISE THE LOWERED: no problem :wink: i even knew what rake is, but i didn't understand that passage:
PRAISE THE LOWERED said:
i need to adjust my rake so that my stretch isnt siting high and my bike length isnt compromised.
but now i do. and i can say, that even with a triple tree you can get your bike low and long. but it has to be a springer:
http://www.tretharley.de/phpbb/viewtopi ... t=roadster :wink:

@all: thanks for the nice comments :!:

MY DEUTCH IS VERY RUSTY BUT I MANAGED TO FIND MY WAY AROUND THAT LINK!

DSC00808.jpg

this is EXACTLY wha ti want, but i cant find an affordable one here in the u.s.

PRAISE THE LOWERED said:
this is EXACTLY what i want, but i cant find an affordable one here in the u.s.
too sad there are no affortabel ones in germany, too :( . in fact here most parts are much more expensive than in the usa and the fork you see above is self-made from an usual triple-tree :| :wink:

PRAISE THE LOWERED said:
i had a girlfriend from potsdam, and thats all she would talk about is how much cheaper everything is here!
yeah, i also heard it from my sister and some friends who were on an student-exchange in oregon :roll: :lol:

Dat thing is crunchy-good industrial, Mad-Max-ish! .....belongs in the bomb shelter for when the shizzle goes down....

.... :roll:

I dig it...!

Back