My rat. Ridin proud in all it's ratty glory.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picture043.jpg
Picture041.jpg
Picture039.jpg
Picture040.jpg

looks sweet! what exactly did you do to the frame?

Well. I welded it the frame with a subpar welder. I just wanted to get it done. So the welding isnt the greatest. It's a 1970's holiday frame that I had for a while. I cut the frame at the head tube and raked it about three inches. I had to cut the top two bars as well in order to rake it. I cut the seat post at the bottom bracket and between the two top bars. then I trimmed the bottom of the post to an angle so when I welded it to the bottom bracket it sat back two inches. I also had to cut the brake mount tube off the back and slid that back 2 inches as well. I cut the wheel brackets at the back off and turned them upside down and backwards, and welded them back on the frame. I used a 20 inch lowrider front spring fork. The handle bars, front wheel and seat are off of a 1955 Hiawatha that I got from my girlfriends grandparents house. The bike had a bicycle license from 55 which I thought was pretty cool. The backwheel was store bought, so nothing special. The tires are off of a mongoose mountain bike. The knobby tires on the bike remind me of an old Harley Davidson track bike. The stem is a 1980's Haro freestyle bmx bike. That's about all thats worth writing about for the bike. Hope you enjoyed.

looks good! i hope you dont plan to paint it, that green is pretty cool.

Latest posts

Back