My New Rusty Rat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just finished building a new rat. x-53 springer, 6''KC headlight, Brooks b-66 and my ghetto skipthooth drivetrain. :mrgreen:
boardtrackbike2-1.jpg

boardtrackbike1.jpg

Looks good . I like the Rust w/red rims. How about some info and maybe a beam shot of that light. Also more on your creative Skiptooth.

The light dosen't make it harder to steer but it makes the front heavy so it wants to fall over when your using the kickstand. Suprisingly for a light hooked up to a RC car battery it's really bright, I can see at least 100' in front of me while riding at night.
I'm not too handy with a camera so this is the best picture of the light I have for now.
100_4448.jpg

saweet headlight! I put the biggest lamp I could find on my typhoon ... It was nowhere near the size of that mother. :shock:

bicycleguy said:
The light dosen't make it harder to steer but it makes the front heavy so it wants to fall over when your using the kickstand. Suprisingly for a light hooked up to a RC car battery it's really bright, I can see at least 100' in front of me while riding at night.
I'm not too handy with a camera so this is the best picture of the light I have for now.
100_4448.jpg
That light is awesome!
Can you please post a diagram on how you wired it up.
I really want to do a light like that also. :D

Thanks for all the great comments guys. Does anyone has a guess to what kind of frame it is?, I will try to get some more pictures tomorrow.
chimichanga, making a light like that is actually pretty easy, I will try to make a diagram tonight.

nice ride man!!! id really like to see the diagram as well, but id also like to see this ghetto drivetrain you talk about!!! :mrgreen:

Easy E

That light should be great in the snow...melting it in front of the bike, clearing the way. Awesome.

Can we get some detail pics of the "ghetto skip tooth" drivetrain?

Very nice job on the battery box! What a great place to mount that sucker. Sooo, which came first, the battery or the fork to hide it?!?!

I already had made the box but I couldn't figure out where to put it then I found that fork an it fit perfectly.

I finaly figued out how to post the diagram I made, I hope this helps.

wiringharness.jpg

I used dean's plugs to connect the battery to the light (they are little electrical connecters that can be bought at any hobby shop) but the regular plastic ends that come on batteries should work fine too. To mount the switch I just drilled a hole the size of the switch is the shell of the light and mounted it like a regular toggle switch.
deansplugs.jpg

and of course my ghetto skiptooth drivetrain
100_4471.jpg
[/quote]

so did you just grind off every other tooth on that sprocket? and what about the rear cog did you do the same to it as well?

Easy E

Back