My New Ride a Rollfast

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's up here's a pix of my new ride.......It's a Rollfast Super Deluxe......1940's I think but need to get tthe serial # when it arrives from back East........Need to get throw away that awful Bell seat.....but everything else is original......any suggestions or thoughts would be RAD thanks.........

scott

[img
rollfast.jpg
][/img]

Hey Thanks sensor.........Haha yeah the Bell seat will go as soon as I get it home..........

That is one bike with serious potential. I have a rollfast with the same frame and it is a pleasure to ride both on road and off. A seat, some rubber and a chain you'll be the man on that beast !!
Check out the pond poacher !!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16335

Hey thanks guys........yeah she is a sweet little ride.........I fall in love with this one because the frame, tank, fenders, chain guard, and rack are soooooooooooo straight.......Hey I love the rust but not a fan of dents and alot off body work.......But I'll post threw the progress of her.......Thanks again for kind words......

i love that bike its a beaut.i def. would keep that bike origanal just would clean up some of the rust of crome pieces and like every one els says seat from origanal era, chain, and rubber and your gooood to g0 :mrgreen:

I had missed this before, great find on this one. I don't think it's quite as old as you think- I'd personally say mid to late fifties, like 56-58 or so. It seems too much like a middleweight to me to be as early as 1940's. Typically, the ballooner tankers equipped with slim delta lights and thinner tires (the 26x1.75 or lower profile 2.125's) are from the end of the fifties when manufacturers began to head towards middleweights.

I just noticed, too, that you have the later style dropouts that look like Monark dropouts. (They have a funky shape in regard to previous setups; the elongated rack strut screw holes create an ear at the end). Joeymac's bike further down the page is the older, 1940's version of your frame, as it has the more common dropouts (which are more simplistic in shape, and do not have the elongated holes or ears).

Hey... Yeah thanks when i researched the bike more your right she is from the mid 50's.........Thanks.......I havent received her yet from the seller who shipped the bike out last week......HURRY I say........cant wait to tear her down aand get to work.......

Latest posts

Back