my new place to work on my rides

Discussion in 'BIKE TALK' started by JoeyMac, Mar 3, 2012.

1. JoeyMac

JoeyMac

0   0   0

if anyone remembers my apartment in connecticut... my kitchen was where I worked on bikes. it was less than ideal. also I lived on the second floor.

[​IMG]
    RoadMaster Diesel: tryin on some new shoes. by Joey Mac, on Flickr

but about 6 months ago I moved in here in Austin TX. my new apartment has a garage door for a wall.

[​IMG]
    from inside my apartment by Joey Mac, on Flickr

much better in my opinion. this was the first time I actually got around to working on bikes here and the whole experience was much better than I remember it being back in the kitchen.

[​IMG]
    my apartment opened up by Joey Mac, on Flickr

bikes spilled out onto the patio.

most of these are for sale, by the way. I had tried posting in "FOR SALE" but I guess I broke some rule because my post was deleted. I haven't been around in a while and I guess I don't know how it works around here any more. I hope this post doesn't get deleted too...

[​IMG]
    Flightliner at dusk by Joey Mac, on Flickr
  2. Rat Rod

Rat Rod Owner & Founder Moderator

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Sweet set up Joey!

Your ad probably got nuked due to lack of prices (I'm assuming here).

We've had to start enforcing the rules because the For Sale section is getting to be so busy.

Glad you're enjoying the Lone Star State these days. :wink:
  3. texasbigjon

texasbigjon Pro Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

that really is a nice set up joey! 8) i thought you sold most of your bikes, but i can see some of my favorites are still around. i still remember the extra room you had that was wall to wall spaceliners! :lol: get your stuff in order,cause its 2 months till build off time,and we need more veteran builders back in the show.
  4. JoeyMac

JoeyMac

0   0   0

Thanks Steve, I understand. Yes Texas has been good to me so far.

And thanks BigJon, I still have a lot of the good ones. Yeah, I think it would be nice to do a build-off again sometime. Gotta do it big like you Texans always did :)
  5. Skipton

Skipton Come out and ride with The Chicago TailDraggers! Pro Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

OH MAN! :mrgreen:
    That is a cool setup!... great to see some of my favorites still in your collection.
  6. Philphine

Philphine

0   0   0

i love that. does anyone remember a really old detective show, i think it was called "vegas"? where the guy pulled his 'vette right into his apartment/house or whatever it was? now thinking on it i guess you'd have to deal with fumes and possible leaks on the floor, but i always thought that was the neatest thing.
  7. Uncle Stretch

Uncle Stretch Moderator

0   0   0

Man that is a real change in culture from where you were to Austin Texas. I have never seen an apartment with a garage door. Must be some new deal for those guys that really love their cars. Although I have had a motorcycle in my living room at several times in my life. Glad you found a spot. :wink:
  8. aka_locojoe

aka_locojoe

0   0   0

Nice set up joey.

Always thought that was the coolest.
  9. jerrykr

jerrykr

0   0   0

Didn't Dan Tanna live in a warehouse, with his living quarter built inside? I think he had a little "yard" with astro-turf grass and a white picket fence? I always thought that was a cool way to live too.
  10. SCHWINNRAY69

SCHWINNRAY69

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Hey Joey, new place is awesome! :mrgreen: Glad your enjoying Texas :wink: Where's the snow? :lol:
  11. JoeyMac

JoeyMac

0   0   0

Ha, I don't think you could fit a thunderbird in my apartment. It's actually classified as a "live/work" space. There's at least two apartments like this in my block that are actual businesses and not living spaces. It's basically loft-style with polished concrete floors. I've also got my drums set up in here. :)
  12. deven_science

deven_science

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Sounds like cool digs.