My first Schwinn!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you Americans have a hard time believing this but Schwinn's are pretty rare on this side of the border. So when I got mine I wanted it to be different and came up with this.

DSC03453.jpg

DSC03454.jpg

UMfancy.jpg

Looks good. Congrats on your Schwinn find. Here in the States I guess we take those for granted. The fork fits great with the lightweight look.

No complaints from me, I like different. I bought a gallon of LIME GREEN PAINT and everybody said it was ugly. I painted a 1956 Ford Truck with it, put it in 29 shows, won 33 trophys, it made a feature in 2 National magazines, and like I said I like different. Different is all in what you do with it. Your bike looks great.

first, congragulations on getting your first schwinn. i have two (62' american HD crsr and a schwinn world 3speed) and have had like a handfull of varsities too. liking the lightweight look you got going on there, and for non cruiser handlebars, nice choice. they look like they go with the rest of the bike. those chicago built schwinns back then were just about bullit proof. as far as availibility of these bikes "up north", i can see how that might be. its gotta be easier than getting one "down under".

Thanks guys! Another great thing about it is, I'm only into it for $40. I got the bike for $20 from a guy at work and paid $20 for the rear tire. The rest of the parts I had laying around. It has a two speed kick back hub on a 26 x 1 3/8 wheel from an old english bike, a 700c Araya front wheel and fork from an old road bike, and the rest of the parts I've had for a while now. The crank is a little bent so I might change that and maybe some white Oury grips for it and it will be done.

Back