My first rat......

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, here's my first build. Not a ton of mods, but I think it looks sick!

ratrodbike001.jpg

ratrodbike002.jpg

ratrodbike003.jpg

ratrodbike004.jpg

The bike is an 04' Diamondback Della Cruz 1.0. It is slightly stretched from the factory, and had a cool springer fork, and double spring saddle. I havent seen any others that are this color. It's almost a gloss olive drab color. The wheels were originally yellow, and looked ok, but black was definitely a better way to go. Looks mean. I'm glad I painted it. I slapped on a set of Electra leather grips with leather fringe, and added some leather fringe to the saddle bumper as well. I also flipped the spring on the springer fork and replaced the original chrome spring with an old racing triple-valvespring from a big-block Ford. 8) Steering is a bit heavy, but rides great, and is a looker(at least to me!). Well, that's it for now, I'm sure it's not done, but I will keep it like this for a while and see if I feel the need to change any thing. I'm already thinking about a set of creme Fat Franks............Later! :wink:

God Bless,
Jeremiah<><

Thanks guys! I still wanna get rid the lame yellow graphics on the seat tube and rear fender. I might just find a couple of cool decals and cover em' up, as they are under the clear. I also don't like the angle of the spring on the fork, and could make it look cleaner by bending the tab on the head tube so it would sit level----but, if I decide I don't like that much rake in the fork, I can swap the spring back around in a couple minutes, and can take the bike back to a stock or close to stock rake.

Latest posts

Back