My first Rat Rod- SHELBY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this bike in my families barn. It was most likely my great uncle's and then my grandfathers. Im not 100% on the make and model Im only guessing by pictures of other Gambles bikes on this website and they looked darn near exact. I adopted it and have since been slowly working on it. The only changes to the bike I have made is removing the fenders, seat change and a paint job.
I use it as a daily rider while Im at college to keep costs down and it works great... most of the time.
CIMG0876.jpg

CIMG0895.jpg

CIMG0962.jpg

CIMG0961.jpg

0626092250.jpg

The red in the new paint job is the original red I found on the bikes frame and wheels. I wanted to keep some of the character it had.

0626092249.jpg

downsized_0627091021-1.jpg

downsized_0627091022.jpg

I dont know to much of the history behind the bike. If anyone has info that they would like to share I'd be grateful.

Re: My first Rat Rod- Gambles Airliner

Rad daily rider........Really is cool of the history of it still running threw the family........Shes a keeper and I wouldnt sell it......Awesome bike.....

oh wow I really appreciate ya letting me know what I have!

I like yours too, its in good shape and its classy 8) By the way your Ratty Roadmaster is one of my favorite bikes Ive seen ever. That bike inspired me a lot. Id really like to get some red tires like the ones you put on that bike.

Weeell Berkshire is a tiny town between Ithaca and Binghamton about 35 mins from either city.

RattyDano89 said:
oh wow I really appreciate ya letting me know what I have!

I like yours too, its in good shape and its classy 8) By the way your Ratty Roadmaster is one of my favorite bikes Ive seen ever. That bike inspired me a lot. Id really like to get some red tires like the ones you put on that bike.

Weeell Berkshire is a tiny town between Ithaca and Binghamton about 35 mins from either city.

Glad I could help, and I appreciate the kind words about my Ratty Roadmaster. And I might have been to Berkshire, I am actually from Endicott, and made a lot of trips up to Ithaca back in the day.

OH Endicott huh ha thats cool yeah thats just a half hour from here I actually work at the Agway in endicott. So I know the area real well. Small world.

Latest posts

Back