My cycletruck

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made this out of two Schwinns. The bed folds down, 5 speed.

2788901135_7c2111c67a.jpg

2788902011_d249bc7925.jpg

2789757328_f2e15b7fd3.jpg

Thanks for looking.

cman said:
Looks good. What frame did you start with.

A schwinn cruiser and a schwinn racer. I used both top tubes and head tubes for the double bar look. The bottom tube is from the racer, cut off and bent up etc. The rear triangle is the cruiser.

more pics:

http://flickr.com/photos/17534977@N00/

Thanks for the frame info.

Your coaster brake racing looks pretty cool. We did a 16 mile downhill bomb run on ours. It was the twisty and turning road coming down from the ski hill.

sweet ute. i just got done building a utilitarian cruiser myself, works great but i gotta get some picts of it. i went with the old milkcrate attatched atop a rear rack with a quick release type basket up front. i can put in 25lbs in back, prob more once i reinforce the mounts, and about 15 up front. cool thing is, when i don't use the front basket, it comes off in seconds and fits perfectly in the rear basket (kinda like what logging trucks do with their traillers when empty). single speed so i geared it low at 36/20.

not nearly as nice as yours, but these cycle trucks can be fun and work very well. mine is more like a redneck rat.

cman said:
Thanks for the frame info.

Your coaster brake racing looks pretty cool. We did a 16 mile downhill bomb run on ours. It was the twisty and turning road coming down from the ski hill.

We're doing another one in July, keep cecking back for details.

Back