My 1954 Green Phantom great Patina!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is my 1954 schwinn green phantom. i took off what was left of the front fender and removed the rear fender and carrier for safe keeping. i dropped the bars and seat. would like to make a 7 post. should i flip the bars or leave dropped as is, i am kind of diggin' them as is. i took this bike in on trade for the higgins colorflow i redone, it needs work as far as if you wanted to restore it, but it looks too cool to touch! these are bringing big bucks as is. this was covered head to toe with blue house paint, removed it with oven cleaner. just spray it on let soak and basically hose it off with the paint! it won't hurt the original paint at all! oh yeah, that is my '78 wagoneer in the back ground i bought a couple weeks ago. it will look sweet sportin' some ratrod bikes stickers on the rear glass!
[/img]
100_4219.jpg
100_4218.jpg

woww! thats an amazing bike!! i think it looks great as is! bars look fine as they are. im jealous. :mrgreen:

not a problem maddogrider. a friend of mine let me in on that tip. he strips old furniture for his antique store and sometimes uses it. it works like a dream, the longer you let it set the better. a little agitation with a brush helps too. if you have a pressure washer or take it to a carwash that works the best.

Just make sure you have gloves on if you use the easy off oven cleaner.My dad told me to use it to strip a bike frame when i was a kid and got some on my hand and never washed it off (kids)and it burned the living crap out of my hand later on. By the time it started burning really bad the damage was already done,still have light scarring ,musta been some lye or something in the old formula but it worked great. Love the bike

good point about wearing gloves. it does burn like crazy! it was worth the pain though. the wagon is like a tank, how cool would it be with a roof rack loaded down with my bikes on it!

Back