MUSCLE BIKE BUILD-OFF #03 STARTED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The next Muscle bike build-off starts in just one month!

Start planning now if you have not already, remember this will be a 4 month build-off ending new years day next year, so plenty of time!

2 classes:
1: Restore/mild custom.
2: Cut, Grind, Weld...

Bring it on! This is actually my favorite build-off of the year!

Guidelines thread can be found here: http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/in...d-2015-winter-bo-also-extra-categories.83055/

Luke.

Sounds good. If you want to sponsor a mirror copy on the Muscle Bike Forum let me know.

Ill throw my hat in for the muscle bike buildoff, have a bike I've been thinking of building for a bit I couldn't do due to the big build off.

Something, perhaps a bit more mild from me...

Why 4 months? I know people have schedules, family lives, etc., but this seems like a long time. Given the norm here that in a build off that it is almost necessary to constantly update to stay relevant, I probably will lose interest over a four month period. Over a long period of time it seems the build offs become more about what is talked about than what is actually done.
I am actually most challenged in a build off format with as little time as possible!
Maybe I should just sign up with only ten days left.... :)
Basically just trying something new, for a number of reasons:

The time of year, with the lead up to the holiday season, people tend to get busy, have family over on weekends, are travelling etc.

It hopefully might encourage some more complicated builds involved in the "Super Modified" class.

Some of the "Standard/Mild custom" class bikes are sometimes the builders dream bike that they have been saving parts for years to build and want to do them right, so it allows extra time for chrome plating, fancy paint jobs, custom upholstery, rare part shipping and the like.

I completely understand the point of what you are saying though, in fact I pushed for the first MBBO to be only 6 weeks, but we settled on 8 weeks and at the deadline nobody was finished... We had to extend 2 extra weeks on top and even then, we had some of the main players not finish...

People are welcome to join up at any time provided the bike is not yet built, so if you want to join up with 10 days left... :)

Luke.

Latest posts

Back