Murray Eliminator Mark II five 5 speed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Picked this up at a local bike shop and everything is rusted. The frame is solid, original tires that are cooked and the fenders do not have even one dent. A real shame it was left to rot. Starting to collect as many correct parts to get it back on the road. A couple of other collectors have helped me out with a chainguard and rear wheel. I have a good seat, pedals, tires, cables, sissybar. Will keep posting pics of progress. And so it goes............

That is coming along nicely! I am looking for bars and shifter parts for you.

If you can bring that back from the dead, that will be a heck of an accomplishment!! Sorry I couldn't help with a rear wheel. It wouldn't have been "correct" anyway. Put up a parts list and I'll see if there is anything I have.

That will be a sweet bike when you finish. If anyone could help on parts it would be, Crash... He's the West Coast Connection.

Mocking it up.

Really scraping to find parts in my garage not much left for these old bikes like there was in here 12-15 years ago. The back wheel is M.O. Mfg. but has a wobble side-to-side. Need to extract the 5 speed 28 hole hub from orig rusted out wheel and have it laced up. Missed a rear 5 speed wheel on this site. Bummer. Please PM direct if you have anything for this build. Need some orange glitter tape to match the seat and some shifter knobs. This will remain a "rusty relic" for now, not planning on restoring at this time.

Rob, thanks for the guard!

Mocking it up.

Really scraping to find parts in my garage not much left for these old bikes like there was in here 12-15 years ago. The back wheel is M.O. Mfg. but has a wobble side-to-side. Need to extract the 5 speed 28 hole hub from orig rusted out wheel and have it laced up. Missed a rear 5 speed wheel on this site. Bummer. Please PM direct if you have anything for this build. Need some orange glitter tape to match the seat and some shifter knobs. This will remain a "rusty relic" for now, not planning on restoring at this time.

Rob, thanks for the guard!

Great pics! Looks like a 1:24 scale model diorama!

Luke.

Badge is missing looked like "Murray Eliminator" from remaining outline. Serial # M95430X63774191.
Kool! that makes it a 1969 5 speed sold through J&H Jack and Harry's home and auto stores with a Hallmark head badge.

No problem Joe, glad to help! Kind of cool that is a Hallmark bike!

Did the chainguard look different on the Hallmark bikes Eddie?

Back