Multiple Worksman Industrial Cruiser Rebuilds-4/5 Running

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well-What can I say? I'm a big fan of the worksman bikes.

1st off:
IMG_2329.jpg

This one, I bought it with my WDIBT Front Loader, I fell in love with the plate that was welded in...So I had to have it.
IMG_2331.jpg

Whoever R. Placinto is, Your getting your bike rebuilt. Congratulations.

A form of Tribute bike Mr. Placinto will never know hes getting.
I'm going Flat black-Heres some progress
a1f4df5d.jpg

0dc3acc0.jpg

My camera Wouldnt go into focus, but "Rep" Was scratched into the frame and fork

fbc828e4.jpg

Weld Slop, Tried filing it down...dont have the right file. Slop...err...Weld Overspray? I dunno
f83d646e.jpg

Almost all done sanding, Im sick of my wire grinder, because i cant find the right size, and the right type. The only one I could find was a Cheap Hardware store kind, and every time i use it, My shirt looks like a Porcupine, and the bristles are almost gone, and i gotta go buy a new wheel :roll:
IMG_2583.jpg

Color-After water sanding-And thats the other project-

The RESTORATION!

This one started off as a blue worksman, 70s model. OK chrome-Shot fenders. Nothing too fancy here, just doing a custom Resto. More pictures of this ones progress:

Te Fork-Getting sanded

badfc2f7.jpg

I accidently damaged the fork threads, gotta re-thread that.
9c7223e0.jpg

All sanded-and ready for primer-Which you saw with the Placinto.

And last but not least, The Rider.

IMG_2578.jpg

Im lost for which direction i am going to go with this one. The paint is awesome, Im thinking just keeping it a rider, and adding some crazy touches. I have this guard i made last night-This will probably go on.

IMG_2584.jpg

I Cut up a couple OBEY GIANT Stickers, and then double sided taped the headbadge sticker on from Placinto.

I Polished a little of the frame-Where its not so dull-Is where i polished

IMG_2580.jpg

Since the fenders are so rusty, I might DITCH them and use some other fenders from another bike, Or, Paint what i have-depdning how smooth i can get them. There is also my favorite idea-I have had some Carbon fiber stickers, More like sheets...I was going to cover the fender, and then paint the inside Key-Lime Green. That way whatever light gets under there-shows the color on the tires. Something like that. The wheels are going to be painted black-Either flat or gloss...Still deciding

There is one more worksman coming in the mail-That might replace the frame on the rider-OR might get special treatment.

Re: Multiple Worksman Industrial Cruiser Rebuilds-3/4 Running

i dig that chainguard! 8) there is a couple of "andre the giant is back and he has a posse" stickers,that have been stuck on the walls of my bar for about 15 years! :lol:

Haha it's called welding "slag" it usually happens if your using a flux wire feed welder! :wink: ask me how I know..

Progress? I think so-Heres a few pictures...More to be taken later!
IMG_2587.jpg

Super greasy chainwheel, rusty crank is going to be replaced

IMG_2588.jpg

Super greasy chains and random parts-Gotta love the mint stuff

IMG_2592.jpg

Soaked parts-White towell was Zep Rust remover, Pink was...The environmentally friendly degreaser that ratrod loves and name i forgot

IMG_2594.jpg

Checkin to see how the guard looked-Looks good-Frame all polished

My fender idea failed...The carbon fiber sticker didnt want to set right
IMG_2596.jpg

IMG_2598.jpg

those colors look good together though.

OH YEAH-Its Simple Green!
texasbigjon said:
i dig that chainguard! 8) there is a couple of "andre the giant is back and he has a posse" stickers,that have been stuck on the walls of my bar for about 15 years! :lol:
Thanks!
Thats awesome

Motopecane said:
Haha it's called welding "slag" it usually happens if your using a flux wire feed welder! :wink: ask me how I know..
Oh-I see-Did you get those forks?

Re: Multiple Worksman Industrial Cruiser Rebuilds-2/4 Running

Well...I dont think the Rider is going to be done yet. Since the fenders are not done yet-And it looks pretty good without them-it might not see fenders.
IMG_2690.jpg

IMG_2690.jpg

IMG_2688.jpg

That HDR thing on my phone is crazy.

IMG_2682.jpg

IMG_2691.jpg

I dont think i like the bars either...they look good in this shot, but they arent comfortable...the chrome sucks too

IMG_2691.jpg

The tires are original-they are in decent shape, they still got the weird dusty white stuff on them...They were filthy before i cleaned them...Hmm..

IMG_2696.jpg

Goo B Gone had a hard time getting rid of this...Ill cover it with something

IMG_2696.jpg

IMG_2698.jpg

IMG_2700.jpg

IMG_2702.jpg

Placinto:

I didnt do the striping-I wish it was mine...Haha

Its my moms.
IMG_2726.jpg

Recovering this seat, its awesome...Because im recovering it with a napkin i stole from prom?
IMG_2728.jpg

IMG_2732.jpg

IMG_2730.jpg

I uncovered that...and though WOOWA...

IMG_2734.jpg

terrible idea of a dip...haha
IMG_2736.jpg

Thats the napkin. I think its cool, Good memory of my last prom ill ever have. My friend left with 7 napkins tied to his leg under his pants, and 3 on his head...Nobody said anything?

My Dad wants a bike for christmas...He will be getting the restoration bike seen here. Its going to get a silver/grey paint job. Like he wants...

Pictures later of progress

Re: Multiple Worksman Industrial Cruiser Rebuilds-1/4 Running

Finally got a day i can spray paint. Its too cold, but for whatever reason...the paint comes out great. Just a bit more drippy.

I should get the rims done today for the Placinto. I might be able to lace them too, depends on how long it takes to clean the spokes :roll:
each spoke has a crazy layer of dirt and grime.

Im thinking white walls, but dont know what kind. Probably cheap regular ones. Dunno!

I'll probably need to paint the rims again-as they keep getting all drippy...im assuming its the weather...but its not SO bad....So hopefully it will look ok.
26650857.jpg

I ground down where the chrome got messed up-and raised...or bubbled...
Still not perfectly smooth, but better
5cd3a1af.jpg

This is seat is a pain. Cant get the grinder to get into the underside of the pan. The top pan is rediculously rusty...nobody will see it so who cares?
4c8f5b05.jpg

f30a39ec.jpg

Ill get a layer of paint on it in a minute

Got my 4th project in the mail today. Too lazy to work, so im going to finally sit down and play some video games. Feels good. Tomorrow morning ill be hard at work-Busy day, Gotta get the cat to the vet, Gotta get some work done and so some homework.

Anywho, Got the frame and wheels from Chuck, I wil be getting a few more things from him soon-i sent payment for a 3 speed-which might be for my dad. Also, I should be getting a cycletruck from him, after everything with the cat is settled.

Pictures:
My Internet is running terribly. At least i can play games offline...Im watching my driver race for me (for those of you who know gran turismo, B-Spec is where you tell a driver what to do)

Wheels-I dont think these wheels are supposed to be matching, but they work...and look great
ce829c91.jpg

Super-Faded Frame-My driver just won 1st place... :mrgreen:

5a35922a.jpg

c59ec8ee.jpg

6c411341.jpg

b62fed82.jpg

Never saw the decals like this, I kind of like these more.

767526b1.jpg

Chainguard tab kind of got bent in shipping...Not too worried, as it may get cut off.

4e1e14c3.jpg

909dcd0c.jpg

5f9eebaf.jpg

412903a9.jpg

Possibly something welded on in the past?
I dunno

2d9fba49.jpg

Dropouts got a little bent too, Again...Not worried.

A little more progress...Got 36 Spokes cleaned, I "Invented" a technique to cleaning nipples.

1. Remove Spoke nipples from wheel, Assume they are dirty and greasy.
2. Grab a container...Big enough for how ever much nipples you're cleaning.
3. Throw them in the container, Bring them outside, and cover with Wd-40(You could probably pour it on, but all i had was can)
4. Shake them around, Take them to a sink, pour out WD-40...Add water, Shake some more
5. Pour out the water...rinse how ever many times you think you need to.
6. Dump them in a towel, smoosh them, and shake them around...dry them off basically
7.Put them back in container. Pour in some sort of liquid polish-I used Turtle Wax Chrome polish. I dont use it anymore, so why not.
8. Shake them around, coat them.
9. Do the towel thing again...repeat 7-9 as many times as you need.

I think it did a good job. Cant remember if i took a before shot.
7b773740.jpg

I dont know what happened...but it just came to me...
45350f19.jpg

This little old nothing...
I used my grinding stone(didnt feel like hacking it)

0e144d17.jpg

To turn into this, And i filed it down...to add
1d788f05.jpg

to that...to make a nifty seat post... I really...Really...Like it...Lets see if it holds me, and lets see if it feels right.
53f7b130.jpg

Minor mockup, i dont think i like the look of the 3 piece cranks.

This thing rides Astoundingly Awesome Now...
IMG_2956.jpg

Heres some pictures of a drum brake...and how it works...for those who are interested
IMG_2951.jpg

IMG_2953.jpg

Thats the lever the cable pulls on, and it brings the pads into the walls of the drum.
Like so:

IMG_2955.jpg

Anyone know how i could fix this?
IMG_2949.jpg

Its not effecting how the tire mounts...its just...there. I tried taking a seat post that slid into the other part of the wheel, and hammering it through...Just bent the post. Im going to try out a solid piece of something soon...

Heres some better pictures:
IMG_2957.jpg

IMG_2960.jpg

IMG_2961.jpg

IMG_2963.jpg

IMG_2965.jpg

Heres some better pictures:

Lugisland said:
Okay, which frame are the fenders going on? I need some inspiration... Tom
The chrome will be going on the trike...which is in another thread

The two painted are going on the red...painted black.
That, Or they might go on the yellow...

what do you think?

Latest posts

Back