MTB conversion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend gave me a very unattractive Murray Mountain Bike recently. Everyone who has seen it had commented on the very dated 80's paint scheme. It certainly wasnt my favorite color either, but not worth trashing the bike over... maybe. I decided to give the bike a make over, and thanks to CCR for the chainring, I have been able to complete it.

Anyway, these are the before and after photos:

Before:

Image1-1.jpg

Image2-1.jpg

dumber_paint.jpg

Image3-1.jpg

After:

Image2.jpg

Image6.jpg

Image7.jpg

thats a big improvement. i dig the color scheme, too. i've done this type of conversion to a few other older mountain bikes before and it always is an improvement. got one or two more that need the treatment... and they're gonna get the treatment... if they know whats good for them, ya see. sorry, had a buggsy malone moment. :D

Nice face lift, she's much prettier now, now you'd like to be see with her, I bet.

roadmaster said:
thats a big improvement. i dig the color scheme, too. i've done this type of conversion to a few other older mountain bikes before and it always is an improvement. got one or two more that need the treatment... and they're gonna get the treatment... if they know whats good for them, ya see. sorry, had a buggsy malone moment. :D

:lol: Yeah, i think it's definately worth the effort. My only complaint is that the bottom brackets are sooooo high.

Back