"MotoDromo Special" FINISHED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, I managed to weld up the rear fork and cut the seatstays off today.

First I cut the dropouts off the fork ends and grinded them down to get a flush mount with the rear dropout. Then to make sure everything is lined up I drilled through the fender mount hole into the forks and bolted them up tight.

After making sure I had enough clearence for the chain I went ahead and welded them to the rear dropouts. No turning back now o_O

Everything was lining up nice so I finish welded the the top of the fork to the seat tube. This thing is really starting to look crazy :crazy:

Then after a deep breath I cut the seatstays... I guess after the first cut the rest aren't so bad.:)

Its been a while since I made a gif, so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to show how much the look changes without the original seatstays...:rockout:

I could easily stop here and just throw on some pedals and a chain, but I got lots more crazy ideas stirring in my head, I just got to get them out :headbang:
Now I can finally finish the front fork trusses....

Thanks for looking!

Its been a while since I made a gif, so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to show how much the look changes without the original seatstays...:rockout:

Thanks for looking!

That is just wonderful ! nice work , what a change for the best !

That video is too cool!

that's some really creative thinking! great work

Thanks BigJon! I don't remember seeing anybody try a rear fork like this so hopefully it works out.

Very cool indeed.

Thanks Mosstink!

I like it...

Thanks Dracothered!

Looking good! Did you leave enough room below the welds at the drop outs for the axle nuts to fit past easily?

Luke.

Thanks Luke! Ya I made sure I have enough room to slide them by, the wheel will be all the way back in the dropout so there shouldn't be any clearance issues... Key word "shouldn't" ;)

Nice work fella, really coming on now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Uncle Fide! I feel like Im on a roll right now... give it another week and ill probably be at a stand still :eek:

That is just wonderful ! nice work , what a change for the best !

Thanks 1hp! Technology "Can" be a good thing.... Analogue is betther tho:banana:

That video is too cool!

Thanks KingFish! its actually just 8 pictures animated into a gif file using photoshop... I had to be uber careful not to move anything while taking each pic :dance2:

Last edited:
That's really nice!:113:

Looks like somebody needs to clean up the work area.:D
MDCSpecial7-14.jpg

awesome build love the changes!!!

Troy

Thanks Troy! lots more changes to come!

Cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:cool2:

Ok deze zag ik niet aankomen.. bedankt en insgelijks!
Frank

Customize!

No problem ;) there are a few more Duchies on RRB too, it really is a world wide community!
Mazzel

Kewl bike! Keep it up.

Thanks, working on truss rods already!

That's really nice!:113:

Looks like somebody needs to clean up the work area.:D

:oops: I only clean it with a toothbrush once a week:dance2:

all I want to know is, who has floors that clean?

My boss:bigboss: well I have to clean it once a weeko_O but it gets polished once a year. Part of the shop I work at houses his private collection of sweet cars:happy:

Latest posts

Back