More Big Box Quality

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Lord man, have you ever been to Arizona?
You don’t understand, U-Per’s, like New Englander’s, come from hardy stock; we just deal with whatever Mother Nature throws at us and we move-on with our lives.

I guess people aren't that smart up here. Most people ride good mountain bikes, which become beaters, all winter and the motorcycles have been out for a month. In my 20s I rode my 1967 Triumph 650 all winter. I got drafted and continued to ride it all winter when I got out. There were about 4 others that I knew then who rode Triumph 650 all winter. I haven't seen anyone up here ride motorcycles all winter since the 60s, but they sure bring them out early in the salt. My Great Grand father started the Newberry News (my Great Grandmother told me the streets of Newberry still had pine stumps in them when he started the paper). Just talked to the people up in Copper Harbor and the hawk migration count has been set back. They can't access the high ridge where they count the fly over for another 3 to 4 weeks. Keweenaw got 340 inches of snow so far this year and it will probably snow more. I live in Marquette and we only got 202 inches, which is 6 inches below average. I was told Newberry is a little below average also. Driving in the woods there are places where snow cover is patchy and places where there is 2 feet of snow every where. I suspect these spots must be a little higher or else you get in the Lake Superior snow shadow where Lake Michigan's warmer waters take over. It already is staying light to 9:45 PM, I just wish it would get a little warmer. It has been drizzling today. The roads that collapsed from washouts from burst water mains opened today. A few days in the 60s and then a hard rain and the good bikes will come out.
Cool beans!

Here in New England, we too are waiting for this winter to come an end - finally; we still have some small patches of snow in the woods.

Back