Monark springer?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...I'm re-doing this old Monark springer, plate on crank housing shows model# 4406
serial # 0349468

what year would this be?
vans015-2.jpg

Maybe a 1947? This is part of a discussion from oldroads.com:

Monark Super Deluxe posted by: Rick on 8/11/2001 at 2:11:12 PM
Have a monark super deluxe, made bu Monark Silver King, Chicago. Model# 4408 sn# a0469971. Bike has springer fork, horn tank, light is missing from front fender has no rear rack, (haven't looked for evidence of rear rack), bike appears to be all original, can anyone help with vintage? bike is fair shape has dents in horn tank from springer fork turning to far, has a leather seat that says emery on the seat area, has a rear reflector that has a molded aluminum or pot metal frame that protrudes from fender, chain guard says Super Deluxe, any help would be great, Rick.

RE:AGE / VALUE: Monark Super Deluxe posted by monarkman on 8/20/2001 at 4:42:23 PM
Rick, based on the model #'s of some of my Monarks I think you may have a 1949. If a 49' it should have a pedestal head light or marks where this was, it should have or show an outline of a small rocket on the front fender, it should have a chrome headshield that wraps onto the tank, it should have a one piece rear reflector in which the top part of it is shaped lie a Gothic arch. The correct carrier or this bike would be the famous " cheese grater".
Now, I am not an authority or figuring out what year by the model #, but this I can tell you. I have what I know is a 47' S. Deluxe and waht I know is a 50'Super Deluxe. The 1947 model # is 4406, the 1950 is 4409 and I have another which I believe is a 1951, which reads 4400. Now IF the model #'s increased each year and 1947 was 4406, then 4409 is 1949. I do have original ads that show each year in deatail. If you need more info e-mail me and we can scrutinize the bikes details and find out what year it is. Hope this helps.

thanks so much for that info. if I need more, I'll gret in touch.

Latest posts

Back