1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice

Monark Board Track Racer

Discussion in 'BUILDS' started by RestoRodSchwinn, Feb 26, 2011.

1. RestoRodSchwinn

RestoRodSchwinn

Well, I have some new spokes, so I needed to stripe the S-2's. Hopefully, by the end of the weekend I'll have the wheels all laced up.[​IMG]

2. dash

dash

Nice how did you stripe em?

3. RestoRodSchwinn

RestoRodSchwinn

I have one of those Beugler Striping tools. I could never have done it with a brush. Even with the tool, it's challenging.[​IMG]

4. CapnUNITarian

CapnUNITarian

:shock: You mean those stripes aren't tape?!!! Whoa! Looks like you met the challenge very well! 8) 8)

5. RestoRodSchwinn

RestoRodSchwinn

Having a good tool is a great thing! :)

6. RestoRodSchwinn

RestoRodSchwinn

I finished lacing up the rims with some new stainless steel spokes. The front wheel is using the Schwinn script hub that it came with, and the rear is laced to a new Shimano coaster brake hub. Wrapped with Quick Bricks and waiting for the rest of the bike to be finished.[​IMG]

7. snydur

snydur

sexy :mrgreen:

8. dash

dash

Fo shore !!!

9. ZbikerD

ZbikerD

Any updates on the monark? Looked like an amazing start. Would like to see some more pictures.

10. dash

dash

Ya dude ...

11. RestoRodSchwinn

RestoRodSchwinn

Well, it's kind of stalled right now. Between vacations, work, and my dad's back problems, it hasn't got much attention. I may end up having to braze the tank up myself with my dad coaching me. I'll try and post some progress within the next couple of weeks. *Hoping*

12. RestoRodSchwinn

RestoRodSchwinn

Well, I'm changing this up a bit so I can finish it. Bailing on the idea of motorizing it, and completing it as a sweet pedal-powered board track racer. Plans are to quickly sell it as I'm going to need funds to finish a couple of prewar Schwinns for my wife and I - my Grandfather's 1938 Schwinn Motorbike (springer front end, tank with the door on it) that's been a little scavenged for parts, and a ladies 1934 Excelsior. Also in the funnel is a 30s ladies Silver King that I just acquired the forks for from another RRB member :)

13. scott brownsey

scott brownsey

goodluck sounds like some cool projects

14. RestoRodSchwinn

RestoRodSchwinn

Yeah, now if I could just find a little more time. :?

15. Skipton

Skipton Come out and ride with The Chicago TailDraggers!

Time is hard to come by around here also :roll:

keep up the great work!

16. RestoRodSchwinn

RestoRodSchwinn

Thanks for the "atta boy", Skipton! Going to pick up some fresh inspiration, motivation, and maybe even some much needed parts at the Seattle Old Bike Swap this Sunday. Only a few items needed to get the Monark on the road.

17. RestoRodSchwinn

RestoRodSchwinn

I got the frame back from my dad and did a quick mock-up. Happy with what I see. He brazed some fillets at the head tube and bottom bracket to strengthen the frame, so I just have to clean those up and the frame and fork are off to the powdercoater's.[​IMG][​IMG]

18. RestoRodSchwinn

RestoRodSchwinn

So, I have just about all the parts needed to assemble this thing except for the seat. I just can't decide what type to use. I have a thing for Brooks saddles (and others built like them). I have a preference for springs on this one, and like them with some patina, but not broken down and water damaged. I know I've passed on some pretty good saddles in the for sale section recently, but I'm waiting for that "perfect" throne. Well, I don't have to make a final decision until I've finished with paint and assembly. I hate indecision!!

19. Houndog

Houndog

Very Cool !!!!!

20. 65Slick

65Slick

Loving the wheel and tire combo!

Marty