MiniPixieRay (Out Riding Around)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Ok, since I am doing a mockup of the MiniPixieRay I thought I would start a new thread for it.

Thanks to Kingfish254 I can build a baby brother to MegaPixieRay, he sent me the original Pixie that inspired my RRBBO8 build.

My wheels are already turning...

The MiniPixieRay...

Pixie%20Frame.jpg

MiniPixieRay%20Mock%20Up%201.jpg

MiniPixieRay%20Mock%20Up%202.jpg

MiniPixieRay%20Mock%20Up%203.jpg

To fit a 20" wheel in the back I will have to make an extended dropout adapter of some type.

MiniPixieRay%20Mock%20Up%204.jpg

MiniPixieRay%20Mock%20Up%205.jpg

Only need about a 2" extension on the end and I have an idea already.
MiniPixieRay%20Mock%20Up%206.jpg

Re: MiniPixieRay (Fabbing Dropout Extensions)

Looking sharp.

Re: MiniPixieRay (Dropout Extensions Done)

Well until I get the correct head tube bearing cups the MiniPixieRay is at a stop. Though I do have the dropout extensions totally fabricated up.
Dropout%20extension%209.jpg

Dropout%20extension%2010.jpg

Dropout%20extension%2011.jpg

Here is a side by side view of Mega and Mini together being held up by my son acting goofy.
Side%20by%20Side%201.jpg

Side%20by%20Side%202.jpg

Side%20by%20Side%203.jpg

Re: MiniPixieRay (Dropout Extensions Done)

I think the forks are very much like the forks on the big brother. I would paint them red and you'd have a good match.

Re: MiniPixieRay (Fitting the Chain)

Ok I just fitted the chain on little brother and found that the chain is really close to the seat stay. Had to flip the 16T cog around so the dishing of the cog was to the inside which gained me enough space that the chain won't rub the stay.

chain%201.jpg

Re: MiniPixieRay (Fitting the Chain)

Ok here a few more shots showing the chain and its clearance...

chain%203.jpg

chain%204.jpg

I got a new crank from yoothgeye which is a 5.5" crank that gives a little more clearance at the front tire plus I installed a set of Schwinn forks and head tube cups/bearings. Soon I will have my Black Nanner seat with a set of Ape Hanger Bars.

New%20Tires%201.jpg

New%20Tires%202.jpg

New%20Tires%203.jpg

Re: MiniPixieRay (New seat and handlebars installed)

Perfect choices!!!!

Back