Mini machine

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent most of the day working on the seat bracket. Still need to cut the seat post off at the correct angle and weld it to the seat frame. The seat post will be held in place with a bolt coming from the back of the seat tube. I also need to put small bends on the clamp to better capture the seat rails.
bikes032.jpg

bikes033.jpg

bikes034.jpg

Boardtrack fan said:
I'll do some scrounging around in the basement. Ive got some BMX parts from the eighties. A 1955 Schwinn cantilever frame that is red with black. The frame has been painted over poorly but, you can still see the original paint in places.
Heck, just show me what you got eventually

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
YOU BUILD SOME OF THE CRAZYEIST SWEETEST BIKES I"VE EVER SEEN!
o my lanta i love this thing
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wild! I like the way the remaining cut off nubs ressemble '56 buick gunports. Hot rod styling for sure. I love seeing people cut up these new stimgrays too. Thank you Wal-mart!

I welded the seat post to the seat frame and and drilled and tapped the seat post to attach it to the seat tube. Got some paint on things and got a first coat of primer on as a guide coat. I tried to silver solder some brass cable guides to the frame but failed miserably. The silver would not stick to the brass :? I think some dull coat on the seat is in order.
bikes035.jpg

bikes036.jpg

bikes037.jpg

bikes038.jpg

Nice fabrication all around! Great looking bike, I keep going back and checking all the details!

I've finally got all the prep work done and a good coat of paint on the frame. As I write this the gold base is drying for the candy apple scallops. In the next couple of days I hope to have the paint done. Then Its time for some pinstripes and final assembly. :D

Picture004.jpg

dude
you are buildong nothing but junk
send it to me
i'll make sure to take care of it
:wink: :wink:
absoluytley love it
keep up the good work

Well my scallops came out good but the tape pulled some of my black paint off :cry: Now what am I going to do? The black is laquer and the scallops are enamel. Any suggestions from you paint and body guys? HELP!
Picture011.jpg

Picture012-1.jpg

For some reason it looks orange in the pictures. The color is actually red. :?

sand the spots where the tape peeled the paint with water and 1000 grit paper till its feather edged........then mask off your red(rub the tape on your jeans to remove the stickiness so it wont peel the red too!)then just spot in the black where you feathered it out or just reshoot all of the black again...........good luck and hope that helps
btw... if you do just spot it in(lacquer is good at being able to do that........just hit the whole thing with rubbing compound and glaze to melt them in so you wont see the repairs)

wow...and ..wow!!!! Your bikes never cease to amaze me!

Latest posts

Back