Messing about with Bars

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Played hookie from work today (self-employed)and messed around with different bars on one of my bikes. Which do you like best?

Apes from the Hunna Dolla Dyno:
krates016.jpg

krates015.jpg

Flipped stock bars (sucks to ride!):
krates014.jpg

krates013.jpg

krates011.jpg

Some flattrack motorcycle bars:
krates019.jpg

krates018.jpg

tikiharl said:
Flipped stock....... no question about it.

I like the look, but without some way to move the seat further back (looking for a layback bmx post) it won't work for me. The bike's just too cramped.
s

xddorox said:
Apes all the way!

:roll: you really are an ape's fan Gerry!

Flipped Apes....... no question about it.

(somebody had to say it :roll: )

the non-flip apes would be my second choice

kingpin said:

kingpin, the bike on the left in your sig pic is what inspired me to change the bars.

I'm goin' ape on this thing.
krates017.jpg

The bike's got to have a new stem before I can run the apehangers. The stem on it right now is for straight 7/8 bars...that's why the flattrack bars would bolt up. About those flattrack bars-they are WAAAYYYY too wide for the bke-just dont look quite right. BUT some regular MX bars would be about right. I've also got some really old motorcycle bars with a bowed crossbar that might look cool.

Did you all notice that the first replies to this thread were EACH ONE of the handlebar choices followed by "no question about it"? :lol: :lol: :lol: So, we all agree: no question about it!

Hugo

Flat tracker bars. but chop them a bit.. maybe an inch or 2 on each side.

greggah said:
Flat tracker bars. but chop them a bit.. maybe an inch or 2 on each side.

Ummm....don't think so :shock: -that's an EXPENSIVE set of spare AFAM bars for one of my race bikes! No way i'm cutting them up!

Back