Melbourne Nocturne

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I think I've finally finished my current little roller..., oh, except for the 3 speed hub I'm waiting for from Ebay which will mean that unfortunately I'll have to lose the 148er on the rear. .... it. But I think I'll be lacing the hub to an old 36er that has a bit of rust that matches the front wheel, so all is not lost. I think a scabby wheel on the rear will probably complete the look I'm after anyway. The seat is pretty tough I reckon, particularly because I found it lying on the road just near the bus stop I go to in the morning. A good start to my day I must admit! But yeah, got the pipes off Froggy at LocoLowriders, cheers. I liked the nice shiny new paintjob so much that I had to give my grinder something to eat, afterwards applying the good ol' salt and vinegar trick I read about in another topic, thanks heaps to whoever's idea that was! I was actually going to take it all back to bare metal and give it the full treatment, but I reckon it looks good as is. I dunno what to do about the chainguard though... I might have to make some shorty ZED bars I think, the ones on her now are from a little girls bike I found in hard rubbish. Cheap and nasty! Oh, and I might have to chrome the cranks and sprocket....

Ok, so I lied when I said it was finished, but then again, what does "finished" mean anyway???

05012009004.jpg

05012009005.jpg

05012009006.jpg

Sweet!

Back