(MBBO#04 Class 2) Swing bike

Apr 23, 2015
Ok so I'm in at the last minute. Had one of my project on the list line up with the time frame so giving it a shot

Cutting these 2 jc higgins middle weights up

I was going to use more of the girl frame till I noticed the seat post is bent

I started with a junk fork did some cutting and grinding to get my pivot point made

Cut the frames and put in my jig to start mocking up. Don't like how the girls section lines up with my pivot so took it to work with me and did some tweaking

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Sep 14, 2013
Bradley Illinoiz
www.instagram.com
I'm guessing the pivot is gonna need to be more vertical, but emphasis on guessing.
I've never built or rode one, but I think the laid back pivot will make the bike want to layover... maybe not, just a hunch. I actually hope it works, cuz it looks cool and I have a frame or two I could cut up...

Carl.

Reactions: Jake Sensi
Apr 23, 2015
I'm guessing the pivot is gonna need to be more vertical, but emphasis on guessing.
I've never built or rode one, but I think the laid back pivot will make the bike want to layover... maybe not, just a hunch. I actually hope it works, cuz it looks cool and I have a frame or two I could cut up...

Carl.
I hadn't thought of that... going to just wing it see what happens!

LukeTheJoker

Nov 17, 2012
Broken Hill, Australia
www.ratrodbikes.com
Welcome aboard! I have seen swing bikes with an angled pivot like yours and they seem to work ok, never ridden one though!

Looking really good so far, love the sweeping curves that flow all the way from the front and down the seat stays...

Luke.

LukeTheJoker

Nov 17, 2012
Broken Hill, Australia
www.ratrodbikes.com
I wish I could say I planned the rake or the lines as Luke mentioned, but all I did was cut it off the girls bike flip it and slap it in the jig!
Another example of the bike building itself and the builder just helping it along the path! :thumbsup:

Luke.

Apr 23, 2015
Got a little more work in tonight

Got my pivot point welded in

Tube notched

Welded together and ready to come out of the jig

So no tank
or with tank?

Sep 7, 2014
Columbus OH
Looks like it will work with your pivot angle there. Never rode a swing bike though. Not sure about the tank. I kind of think it flows better without it.

Reactions: cthomps
The Bike Wall BOXKARS