Maybe one more

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the new ones with a straight shaft they changed the gearing to where they run counter clock wise. O n the older ones they were the other way. It takes some getting use to. You have to cut with the right side or it throws everything in your face. Weird :shock: :shock:

They just change them so I would be old and have to get use to something else. I dont use them much. The yard guys do a much better job , but this is a little early to turn them loose on it. Nothing is really growing ,but weeds and clover....But I got a good crop of clover going....almost looks like grass :cry: :cry: :cry:

Skip that was funny. I got the grips finished and the seat on. I still have to stick the shifter on and that thing that hold the brake arm and I'm done. I'll hopefully get some pics of it finished tomorrow unless it raining. Sorry about drifting into the Garden Channel. I'm in a transition.

That frame is so ...... cool. I think that red looks better in person, but it's still looks great in pics. I going to try my hand at building this spring, I might have to "borrow" some of your design here. It's kinda "Basman", yet cooler...

No Talent Clown said:
That frame is so darned cool. I think that red looks better in person, but it's still looks great in pics. I going to try my hand at building this spring, I might have to "borrow" some of your design here. It's kinda "Basman", yet cooler...
Your welcome to any idea that I have . They really arnt that hard to build. the color does look better than the pictures.

Markm said:
Seat and grips look sweet!!
Cool bike too!!! :mrgreen:
Thanks Mark. still need a little more red in the grips to match the seat. I went to the LBS to get my cable houseing cut ,and wound up killing the rest of the day talking to another bike person. Showed him my stuff and talked his ear off. Was fun. Didnt get my bike finished though.

Come on Gregg pick a screen name and join the fun.

Since that one was all those double tubes that are thick it was pretty heavy. It weighed about 30 pounds . Normal frames I build are lighter. If I use 16 gauge 1 1/2'' they are about the same as a normal frame. If you jump up to that 11 that I bought once that are heavier , but really fun to weld. Man you can turn your welder to high and really burn in some welds. I loved it.

i love your bike. its one of the best designs i have seen. is that paint from a spray can? if it is what brand is it?

Thanks Lonewolf glad you like it
cruisinfornia said:
i love your bike. its one of the best designs i have seen. is that paint from a spray can? if it is what brand is it?
It turned out pretty good ...thanks. The paint was that Duplicolor Red flakes , sprayed over black primer. Its sorta a maroon over a dark primer. I'm sure it would be a more red color over maybe a gold base color.

Use the search and type in Shade tree mechanic. Or since it now belongs to Kram type in twin sin and see his progress.

Hey: It's awful quiet in Uncle Stretch-Ville. I keep looking for the last-last one and haven't seen it yet. You gotta have one more that is so simple that you are making it too complicated in your head. Don't let me down now. You know you got it in ya, or at least I do anyway. Looking for ya.

hes closed shop for spring cleaning and working on his house. hes around, but all hes doing it either selling his stuff or just talking with the folks. check out his sig and youll understand. :wink:

Latest posts

Back