What am I, but a bike, anyways?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Based on the aesthetics and intrigue of a sunken ship, my intention for the build is to capture the allure of the wreckage that lies in the depths of the water.
galvestonshipwreck.jpg

Here is where I begin the dive into my first Build off.
bobike5.jpg

BOBIKE6.jpg

BOBIKE2.jpg

BOBIKE1.jpg

BOBIKE4.jpg

BOBIKE3.jpg

BOBIKE.jpg

Last edited:
Based on the aesthetics and intrigue of a sunken ship, my intention for the build is to capture the allure of the wreckage that lies in the depths of the water.
99666983-underwater-shipwreck.jpg

Here is where I begin the dive into my first Build off.

Looks like your pics from Google are not working, Flikr and PhotoBucket seem to work well...

Luke.

Always have loved those sprockets...cool ride...

I can't wait to see what you drag up from the depths, kitten. Glad to see you're finally going to get that thing off the side of the shop and onto the road, the spiders however, will miss their home.

Some actual progress on this bike will begin soon, but as it often goes, everything happens at once. I've taken it apart and will be cleaning it up, but only a little..
buildoff.jpg

buildoff1.jpg

Progress is progress.
Digging the pedicab in the background too

You get 500 bonus points if you can replace the bars with some sort of tiller/cap'n's wheel like this:
And another 150 points if you can attach a functional rudder to the rear fender.

You'll win the whole build-off if you can make it submersible, fully rideable at depth up to 40 leagues, and you will, of course, need a periscope.

Good luck with the build!

After a couple weeks of tilting my head and frustration on where to go with my bike, I hae decided that themes are a difficult and limiting route for such a creative and free-range project. Thus, I have to change bikes and break loose from these creative shackles to start fresh and do something different. No more themes, ever, for me! Here is what I starting with now...
newbuild3.jpg
newbuild2.jpg
newbuild1.jpg
newbuild.jpg
newbuild4.jpg

I'm also looking forward to working with something that ISN'T near completion. I want obstacles, something that I may have to pry apart, a bike that can go any direction. I think this fits the bill.

Latest posts

Back