Mad Maxx Build (Previously Maxi)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey guys just thought i would start a thread for Maxi so I could get some opinions from you guys and gals on small/large plans for the build. This is where I will be posting most of Maxi's updates so stay tuned :)

testing the fiting of the derailer Im planing on using for the 5 speed

Local bike shop set me up with some bar ends for free! they hide the 1" too short bars quite nicely don't you think Luke?

this is what I'm thinking for a Shifter mounting bar point? any thoughts?

will be making some more major front frame changes later but im on a limited time frame before spring nats (local car show) so im trying to keep the mods smallish for now

Maxi is looking good Kel!
Those bar ends are perfect! I never checked the length before painting them and when I went to fit the grips I had no time left before the deadline to weld extensions on...

Hope that 5 speed freewheel works for you, certainly will make it better for hills!

Luke.

Interested to see the changes that you will be making Kel. What are you entering into Springnats, a car or the bike?

Hope that 5 speed freewheel works for you, certainly will make it better for hills!

Hills around your area.....? What hills....? I thought it was as flat as the proverbial poop-carters hat!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested to see the changes that you will be making Kel. What are you entering into Springnats, a car or the bike?

Hills around your area.....? What hills....? I thought it was as flat as the proverbial poop-carters hat!!!
was just taking it there as a show cruiser as a test out and see public reactions before i take it to swap meets and such

Was planing on doing more today but parts haven't arrived yet :( GG Australia Post GG

Anyone know if there is a retailer in Australia that sells springer forks?

Ok, ok... Better for carting loads in that trailer he is building? ;) You are right, pretty flat 'round here!

Kel, try Mark at Saintside, have had fairly good dealings with him on my dragster http://www.saintside.com/product-category/bicycle/
+1 on the Mark at Saintside suggestion, they are the only place I know of in the state (maybe even the country) that will have them. We have to pay more for them over here than they do in the states due to shipping and the like, but at least they have them! :thumbsup:

Luke.

ok guys today's updates nothing major just yet just some minor changes Changed the rear Caliper to somthing with a little more bite :)

I went and saw Leigh he set me up with a brand new one cheap as (I think he loves the bike as much as I do) so I just used that
Sweet! Awesome that he had a 5 speed on the shelf!

Luke.

Unfortunately moxi got a little battle scared during the work today so a respray may be needed down the track :( (It's not my fault she's to heavy for my lift)

Latest posts

Back