Lost Higgins finds new life

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few bikes later, my buddy presents to me a beat up rusted to heck womens Higgens bike. I mocked it and rode it in primer. I stripped her down and dressed her in a candy grape pearl. Next Monday night, she will come to life again and be dressed to kill.
HPIM2260.jpg

HPIM2267.jpg

HPIM2269.jpg

HPIM2270.jpg

Completed picks to follow next week

oh yea!!! that looks sweet!!! my uncle has an old truck painted that color with some ghost flames on it. cant wait to see how this bike turns out man!!!

Easy E

Well the paint is rattle can paint. I have a nice selection of custom laquer paints avail to me so I fugured I go with somethin different. I would have removed the fork from the frame for painting. That would have been the correct way to do it. I figured I'd try it this way and see what happens. This frame was stripped with aircraft paint stripper then sanded, top tube welded, ground and finished with some bondo and blended perfectly. 1 Primer coat, 2 semi gloss black coats followed with 2 coats purple and 2 clear. All thin coats but finished nicley. Hopefully new pics for next Tuesday

stickit said:
Well the paint is rattle can paint. I have a nice selection of custom laquer paints avail to me so I fugured I go with somethin different. I would have removed the fork from the frame for painting. That would have been the correct way to do it. I figured I'd try it this way and see what happens. This frame was stripped with aircraft paint stripper then sanded, top tube welded, ground and finished with some bondo and blended perfectly. 1 Primer coat, 2 semi gloss black coats followed with 2 coats purple and 2 clear. All thin coats but finished nicley. Hopefully new pics for next Tuesday

The frame has a top quality finish to it. It's like buddah. Pure buddah.

OK guys, here we go. She was done except the rear brake but came out pretty good. Rolls pretty sweet and shifts sweet. Lets ride.....
HPIM2284.jpg

HPIM2285.jpg

HPIM2286.jpg

HPIM2287.jpg

And yes, these are my special picture jeans. It makes me look like I've done work. Not sure what my next project will be though. Maybe washing my pants?

Great looking bike! I like those doble top tubes and the colour is so right for the bike, it's got attitude! :) Are you going to leave the shifter cable like that or do you have other plans for it?

...oh, and no need to wash those pants... :lol:

Thanks for the feed back. As for the shifter, I really havnt thought about it yet. I guess there is a bit I could do with that huh? Not to sure yet. Any suggestions?

Latest posts

Back