looking for a new chainguard

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I put together my Schwinn straightbar (sort of) and I'm thinking I want a chainguard for it. Seems to be a 1950s bike; it has the chainguard boss coming off the BB shell at maybe 1:00 and the other one is set way back on the chainstay, near the drop-outs. Measures about 17.5" between the two holes. Any leads on a generic one, preferably black or raw or painted/powdered any OTHER color, so I can paint it? (Hate painting over chrome...)

I'm mostly looking for a generic, aftermarket, cheap thing...

Thanks!
-rob

Yeah, i put a few feelers out on some... do all 26" schwinns take the same guard? How careful do i need to be about fit? Mine is a 26" balloon hornet/spitfire straightbar frame...

Thanks for the advice...I avoid plastic at all costs.
-rob

Peatbog said:

Yeah, I saw that ad.... I think a few of those would work, but I don't know what I'd do with the 19 left over!

aka_locojoe said:
You can make most any chain guard work as long as it's big enough for your sprocket. I do this frequently and just make brackets for either end if need be.

Yeah, I thought about that, but I'd rather have something that bolts right on. Going for a cleaner look on this build....still got a long ways to go.... :shock:

I'm thinking this might be the ticket:
http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=55905

-rob

Latest posts

Back