Look what I got for my chopper!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Driving home I saw a pair of motorcycle tires in the garbage, I thought nothing until a block later I remembered someone on the schwinn site saying some fit on a stock occ rear wheel. So I went back and grabbed them. Sure enough they were the right size. The size is 90R16 if anyone wants to know. Took about a half hour of convincing but it fits great. Boy is it heavy though. Had to put the bike back as a single speed so the chain will clear...still needs some tweaking but man it looks awesome! I think I'm going to mount the fender up higher since it wont fit in the stock spot. I wish I had a crappy occ frame then I would cut the fender mount off and reweld it shorter but I dont want to ruin this paint.

1-19.jpg

3-13.jpg

4-10.jpg

When I first got it: (UGLY)

small.jpg

After some mods:

4-1.jpg

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

if you need a frame let me know i'm in mass but i could ship. i'm parting out the entire bike

omg that is so cool. you win showing up with that bad boy.

look at my Gasser bike, i have a motorcycle tire on it. its just way to narley but kool.lol

Outlaw 8)

Tire cleaned up REAL nice...looks brand new! Also polished up the paint as its been sitting for about a year and it was dirty.

I just need a longer brake cable and a way to hold it off of the tire, I'll probably use a zip tie around the seat tube temporarily.

1-20.jpg

To fix your brake cable, you may need to rig a pulley to keep it away from the tire. Try an old 3spd pulley.

As far as your rear brake goes, look at an old steel ladies mixte frame bike. If you get some cantilever rear brakes, you can use them by mounting a cable stop somewhere on the top of the bottom frame tube somewhere between the crank and the kickstand mount. If you look at the mixte frames, you will see the cable that goes between the brake halves actually goes around the seat tube. That tire looks sick. By the way, Would you be interested in selling me the chrome rear fender? Im in need of a chrome one for my build off bike.

johnp.smith said:
As far as your rear brake goes, look at an old steel ladies mixte frame bike. If you get some cantilever rear brakes, you can use them by mounting a cable stop somewhere on the top of the bottom frame tube somewhere between the crank and the kickstand mount. If you look at the mixte frames, you will see the cable that goes between the brake halves actually goes around the seat tube. That tire looks sick. By the way, Would you be interested in selling me the chrome rear fender? Im in need of a chrome one for my build off bike.

Thats a good idea. I'm not going to be able to mess with it until next spring, but I'll keep that in mind.

And as far as the fender, I'm going to try and mount it back on the bike

Latest posts

Back