Let's see your Pashley Guv'nor style bikes!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally handlebars dropped in the final state

IMG_3021.JPG

IMG_3022.JPG

IMG_3024.JPG

IMG_3026.JPG

IMG_3028.JPG

It must go as I cant have this many bikes however it brakes my heart when I think about it

This has got to be one of my fave threads on here :mrgreen:

My Dyno Roadster is getting a Pashley inspired make over for build off #6, this is where its at currently.
CopyofPICT0004.jpg

CopyofPICT0002.jpg

You guys have seriously cool bikes!

This is my old bike which I used to hate... It had many problems so when time came I bought new (rather dull) bike for commuting. Since I wanted to have some excitment in my life I tried to get 2011 Felt Destination cruiser..... but it was so hard to find one so I decided to fix my old bike. One bike for commuting and one for... well... Fun! :mrgreen:
It's called 'Kaferaaseri' in finnish and it translates to 'caferacer'.
I installed fenders just recently and now I'm thinking it should have light front&rear. (originally this was supposed to be bike that is used only in summer)

kaferaaseri_lokareilla.jpg

Hello all, Just joined, This weekend I made an impulse purchase and picked up an Electra Straight 8 cruiser. Thought I'd join up so that I could have a place to research and discuss mods and insight from others.

My rather bad cell phone camera, I hastily took these crude pics but here is my contribution to my 'wannabe' Pashley Guv'nor. It's my Surly Steamroller so the angles/geometry are all wrong but here it is. Basically a mostly stock Steamroller, FSA Metropolis bars in 'low flyer' position, Origin8 leather washer grips, Selle An Atomica Clydesdale saddle, Tektro brakes, WhiteBrothers Dos Enos freewheel (17/19), Schwalbe Marathon Extreme DD tires (700x35c). MKS Sylvan Pedals. A couple of mtb parts from the bin..Easton EA70 stem and FSA XC280 seat post.

Again, angles are hardly relaxed enough but a decent steed.
IMAG0104.jpg

IMAG0103.jpg

So....is it cool to actually post pics of a Guv'nor, cause my buddy may have one of the most beautiful bikes I've ever seen(a Pashley Guv'nor is obviously what I'm refering to)!? 1 of 2 in North America last year, I think!

hubgearfreak said:
i'm getting confused. whilst these are all nice bikes, sesurely to be considered as gov'nor style they must at least be steel and either single speed or hubgeared?
I don't know that steel construction is an absolute must, but one would think that it takes more than just flat bars, a leather saddle and cream tires to qualify.

EDIT: That said, I started my own path racer build last night, based on a Flying Pigeon frame/fork and a set of 700C wheels laced to a S-A 2spd kickshift. This is the gallery, so I won't post in-progress pics in this thread, but I have started a build thread over at UGV(link in my signature).

hubgearfreak said:
i'm getting confused. whilst these are all nice bikes, surely to be considered as gov'nor style they must at least be steel and either single speed or hubgeared?

Since I started this thread, I'll go ahead and make a ruling here. :mrgreen:

Since this place is all about individuality and creativity, I'm feeling pretty open to interpretation on the whole "Guv'nor" style. While a couple of the entries here have kind of pushed the boundaries of the style, they're all such cool bikes, I figure...why not??? It's all just for fun, we're not judging anything here! I'm enjoying the heck out of seeing what everybody's got! 8)

P.S. We're actually getting close to 2 years on this thread now!? :D

Rat Rod said:
My 2009 Electra Amsterdam Balloon 8D

DSC_0021.jpg

Hey! That looks familiar! :mrgreen:

007-5.jpg

My favourite, most comfortable, and most-ridden bike. 8)

An interesting note on the new Gov'nor. I was talking with an bicycle old timer that used to turn the old Pashleys into mountain bikes. He picked up the Gov'nor at InterBike when it first came out and realized that the bottom bracket wasn't as low as the original Pashley. He didn't like the new geometry as much so he was selling it. Unfortunately it was too much for me to be able to afford.

Hammond Eggz said:
I'm feeling pretty open to interpretation on the whole "Guv'nor" style.

very true. people had been stripping mud and chain gaurds and flipping the bars for areodynamics on their raleighs for a few decades before pashley even made a bike....and certainly for more than a century before pashley cashed in on the idea.

but, for my taste a vintage style racing bike could only be steel, and certainly wouldn't have more than one rear sprocket

Latest posts

Back