Let's see what you have done with OCC Parts and Bikes!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I donated my bike to a kid in town that's around the age of 10...just some random kid that looked like he'd enjoy the bike. My friend that lives by him says he's always on it. I'm glad someone could enjoy it just as much as I did when I was small enough to comfortably ride it lol

Vintagebikelover24 said:
I donated my bike to a kid in town that's around the age of 10...just some random kid that looked like he'd enjoy the bike. My friend that lives by him says he's always on it. I'm glad someone could enjoy it just as much as I did when I was small enough to comfortably ride it lol

Awesome use of an OCC!!!

"My OCC Orange County Stingray Old School Style"

It has a 2007 Schwinn Stingray Seat, a 32" Sissy Bar Installed Backwards, a 26" Front Rim with a 26x1.95 Tire,
a 31.8 Chrome Seat Post, a KMC Z410 Gold Chain, a 5 Spoke 44T Sproket, Rubber Pedals and Stinger Grips.

"Rides like a Breeze" Best Fixed Gear Bike I've Ever Rode. Pedals Great On Hills. A Real Pleasure To Ride.

And, a very simple conversion !

"Hey Ric"

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Nice bike!
I really like the mods you've made.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Thanks! "The Backwards Sissy Bar Is The Key To More Pedal Power"

Was just thinking....

This concept would have probably been better received if Schwinn would have called it something other than 'StingRay'.

With the cult following of that iconic bike, this one was destined to be met with criticism and failure.

Now, we all know the way the whole Teutel drama played out on TV, with the show going from one about building choppers to a soap opera....but when this bike was released, OCC was still 'on track'.

The wide tired bike could have been the next wave in on-road cruising bikes, but, well we all know how that went.

OK, off my soap box and back to the lab......

Cheers,
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Was just thinking....

This concept would have probably been better received if Schwinn would have called it something other than 'StingRay'.

With the cult following of that iconic bike, this one was destined to be met with criticism and failure.

Now, we all know the way the whole Teutel drama played out on TV, with the show going from one about building choppers to a soap opera....but when this bike was released, OCC was still 'on track'.

The wide tired bike could have been the next wave in on-road cruising bikes, but, well we all know how that went.

OK, off my soap box and back to the lab......

Cheers,
Dr. T

It holds my 6 foot 300 pound frame very well.. For this reason only, "I'm Glad They Made It"

Sure would like to own a Yamaha Moto-Bike that same size! LoL !!!

dscn0313f.jpg

dscn0312t.jpg

dscn0314s.jpg

This is my bike, basicly the same as the OCC. I´ve got a 3 speed jockey on it, and a banana seat right now.

Nice work!
This pic rocks!!!
1240208_10200607836501611_916486373_n.jpg

The 24” front wheel and tire plus the crank were donated from an OCC Stingray. The OCC’s 42-tooth crank has been coupled with a Sturmay-Archer 18-tooth drive cog increasing the Final Drive Ratio to 51.33 Gear Inches over the factory’s 38.5 Gear Inches. Interestingly, the Manta-Ray also had a 42-T crank.

Manta-Ray003_zps22133d07.jpg

I still don’t know however, how a kid could possibly lift one of those OCC bikes! :shock:

Back