late 70's schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
this was my first rat (guess you could call it that, its only in dplf 90 primer and thats how itll stay). was trying to kinda give it the feel of a late 50's jag. frames a 78 schwinn cruiser with a set of repop schwinn springers,s2's with goodyear rubber,60's middle weight bars and seat, electra fenders and a repop tank and horn. had fun building this while i was waiting to put together my wifes bike about a year ago.
just found these in an old folder and thought id share(yeah i know the seat angles kinda funky but i hadnt ridden it yet then, its leveled out now!)
mybike002.jpg

mybike001.jpg

Very nice! Black & chrome is always a winner in my book. :D :D :D
I particularly like how the S-2's fatten up the look of the wheels.

VicXsaN said:
Thats awesome! but where's the horn you're talking about?!

The horn lives inside the tank.

-Mp

After posting, I realized that my answer was a bit of a non-answer.

This is the horn assembly that is fitted inside the tank:

Horn%20Unit%20For%20Tank.JPG

In this image, the hole you see in the side of the tank is for the horn button

26in%20B6%20Tank.JPG

-Mp

yup........multipass was right on the links. i got a raw one that ill be painting for ol gramps soon. the phantom ones are all chrome though. the one on the black bike is from bicyclebones(found on the ebay). it comes with the black and chrome but the black is just a decal and the chrome isnt that good (if you want show chrome then any of the 3 have them).
thanks for the comments im glad you guys enjoyed!

Question, Would the B6 Tank fit any schwinn cantilever frame? if so how would i mount it..

if its a 26" schwinn cantilever yes it will. there are 3 hole on the left(ugly) side of the bike that screws thread into some brackets on the right(drive) side of the tank. ive never tried them on anything other than schwinns so i dont know if they work on other makes

rick what are you trying to mount it in? the 2 i have (one from bicyclebones and one from memorylane) fit into all the schwinns i have.(gramps,the 78 cruiser and the cruiser ss) i dont know about the ones from maple island as i dont own one from there. but they should fit if its a 26" schwinn cantilever frame.

Back