late 70's cruiser project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I got this cruiser frame a while back, and put a bit of work trying to make it look more from the 50's streamlined bike, I was inspired my schwinn phantoms, but I didnt want to make an identical phantom. Anyways here are some photos of my finished product.
bike_01.jpg

here is one of the tank i got for it, i used a different schwinn decal.
bike_02.jpg

I got my hands on a delta rocket tail light because I wasnt too keen on putting the schwinn rear rack on it with its built in light, I loved the solid tail my bike has because of the rack
bike_03.jpg

bike_04.jpg

and of course the light on the fender.
bike_05.jpg

this was my first bike that I made, I was am still am proud of myself. This bike can get some serious speed too and downhill it flies.....the weight probably helps a bit too :p

cheers
-Josh

The brooks saddle is a B135 when I bought it they said they just re- released it apparently. It hasn't been broken in just yet, but man its stll comfy

Thanks for all the comments everyone!

yea the chaingaurd is different, if there is anything i would change with the bike right now it would be the chaingaurd.

very nice reminds me of the stuff i used to build before i turned to the boardtracker style. that sadle is huge bling i guess thats why i decided to use a green brooks b17 special on the build off bike. gotta have some floss right? sweet ride you should be proud.

Yeah that brooks saddle was pricey...
But I had to have it, you got a green one? I gotta see it, sounds amazing.
I think with my next bike I'm gonna try and not bo so crazy, it was a fun build but man the whole thing was expensive....well worth it though with all the heads it turns. :mrgreen:

Back