1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. There is a solution for the broken Photobucket image issue on forums. If you use Firefox or Chrome, go into the Extensions (Chrome) or Add-Ons (Firefox) and search for "Photobucket Embed Fix" - it will have an icon that looks like a green piece from a jigsaw puzzle. Install the extension/add-on, restart your browser (Chrome) and you should be able to see all of the Photbucket images again.
    Dismiss Notice

Late 30's Murray

Discussion in 'BUILDS' started by floridasfavson, Mar 11, 2008.

1. floridasfavson

floridasfavson

Here is another build I have going on along with my 1960 Hercules. It is a late 30's Murray frame. I had it sandblasted and primered by a local paint shop. I got a X 53 springer fork off of ebay for it. I plan to run it skip tooth as I have the orginal crank and I am picking up a Bendix skip tooth hub this weekend. I plan on getting it painted black cherry with some white accents. I still need to get the frame smoothed out a little more before I paint it. Also, the weather is still to crappy to paint.
    In the mean time, I will continue to look for parts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. yeshoney

yeshoney

Just curious how you are planning to compensate for the fork being what looks like at least an inch longer than the head tube?? :cry: :roll:

3. floridasfavson

floridasfavson

That is a problem I am currently working on. Might just have to cut it down and rethread it.

4. 66olds98

66olds98

Dude, I saw that Wayne had a fork die last time we we're there. I'm pretty sure I could do a better job then the guys at Scott's did on mine!!! Once you get a headset.

5. floridasfavson

floridasfavson

Sounds good. I need to find a head set and then go from there. I thought the X 53 would match right up but I guess not.

66ols98 - Still waiting on pics of your new bike. :roll:

6. jtdaddy

jtdaddy

I really like that frame. It's going to look great. Can't wait to see pics.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

flor',Looks good.

Maybe to save ya some ag',you could use a spacer on top of the forks like my ZOOT bike...

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5380

8. floridasfavson

floridasfavson

MagicRat- Thanks for the idea. I will definitly take it into consideration. Nice bike by the way.

9. cman

cman Moderator

That is a very cool frame with the curved seat tube.

10. floridasfavson

floridasfavson

Yeah, the curves are what attracted me to this frame. My friend has a frame very similiar except his down tube is straight instead of curved like mine. His frame is a 1935 Murray. He should be posting pics soon. At least that is what he keeps saying. :roll:

11. Joshua85

Joshua85

i would do magicrats idea with the spacers, if you cut that fork i think you may have an issue getting the springer to fit...

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks flor',Any Q's shoot me a PM

13. floridasfavson

floridasfavson

yeah, I will probably end up just using spacers. Now I am in search of some rims to build around my Bendix skip tooth hub. Might do black rims. I think it would look good with the black cherry paint job that I will do later on.