Late 30's Murray

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is another build I have going on along with my 1960 Hercules. It is a late 30's Murray frame. I had it sandblasted and primered by a local paint shop. I got a X 53 springer fork off of ebay for it. I plan to run it skip tooth as I have the orginal crank and I am picking up a Bendix skip tooth hub this weekend. I plan on getting it painted black cherry with some white accents. I still need to get the frame smoothed out a little more before I paint it. Also, the weather is still to crappy to paint.
In the mean time, I will continue to look for parts.

DSCN0372.jpg

DSCN0373.jpg

DSCN0375.jpg

Just curious how you are planning to compensate for the fork being what looks like at least an inch longer than the head tube?? :cry: :roll:

Dude, I saw that Wayne had a fork die last time we we're there. I'm pretty sure I could do a better job then the guys at Scott's did on mine!!! Once you get a headset.

Sounds good. I need to find a head set and then go from there. I thought the X 53 would match right up but I guess not.

66ols98 - Still waiting on pics of your new bike. :roll:

I really like that frame. It's going to look great. Can't wait to see pics.

Yeah, the curves are what attracted me to this frame. My friend has a frame very similiar except his down tube is straight instead of curved like mine. His frame is a 1935 Murray. He should be posting pics soon. At least that is what he keeps saying. :roll:

yeah, I will probably end up just using spacers. Now I am in search of some rims to build around my Bendix skip tooth hub. Might do black rims. I think it would look good with the black cherry paint job that I will do later on.

Latest posts

Back