>>>LACKLUSTER<<< Done.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm honored to finally be a part of a build off! I've sat back and watched the last two or three, and for one reason or another I just couldn't participate. I've put together a few builds here on the site and its nice to continue to get to know the members here. I hope by the end of BO7, I'll have made more friends here. Since BO6 ended, I've kept it in the back of my brain that I'd be ALL-IN for BO7! So here I am...

I'm naming this build LACKLUSTER pretty much because I think its a catchy word! :D I also think its kinda synonymous with rat-rod...

So here's what I have:

1963 Columbia Newsboy Special... and some parts I've decided to throw its way.
11bf8667.jpg

L
I'm gonna attempt to use the red Monark deep "front" fender on the rear as a bobbed fender.
4ea6807e.jpg

c074022a.jpg

59a46171.jpg

2e275cb7.jpg

Found these rims sitting in a scrap metal junk pile! Has a Suntour coaster that'll surely clean up & rebuild nicely.. :?
0fafb083.jpg

0298901f.jpg

My color pallet. Porsche Sepia Brown 8)
911-330-1237-001.jpg

Well, there's my start.. I should be able to get a good jump on it this coming weekend.. But until then, I'll be enjoying (addicted to) this forum.. :D

Re: >>>LACKLUSTER<<<

I Love those frames.. had the chance to buy one, but went with my true love... Spaceliner.
I look forward to watching this one...
Good Luck

Gold Street Customs said:
Wool cool frame , This should be the only brown bike here,,,, maybe,,, at least at Cyclefest :wink:
Oh yea! It'll be cool to have it at Cycle Fest for sure! July right?
I see you moved to Upper Puddle :wink: ..I graduated from there in 91' :) I miss the lake!

My inspiration is coming from the 24" Firestone I built for my son. I just love it, and I can never get enough of it. I always told my boy that one day I'd build its bigger brother so we can cruise the sidewalks together. If all goes well.. LACKLUSTER may just look like this:
4e8396e0.jpg

Haha, I love the name.

Another Columbia! :D Looks like you have big plans :wink:

>>>LACKLUSTER<<<

So the first thing I did was check to see if the seat post that came out of this frame would fit the guts of my Brooks 72.. I had my fingers crossed that it would! Well it was loose, but not by much so I decided to make a shim and weld it to the post so it wouldn't slide out.

Here it's hard to see, but it's a loose fit... even with the guts smashed together, it was still loose. :|
1d373668.jpg

The rest is basically self explanatory. It worked out really well and now fits the Brooks seat guts nice & snug. issue #1 resolved!
6d4c56f3.jpg

6f3cb42f.jpg

b169ff86.jpg

a7fb56a7.jpg

e64f38b2.jpg

Can't get enough of those frames :D Can't wait to see what you can do with it Critter !!!

Latest posts

Back