Kingfish254's PRE-RRB BO 7 Dream Board "CUZ I CAN"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is your front OCC rim 36 hole? My donor isn't.... :x

But that gives me an excuse to buy a WIDE front for the 'PotOCC'
DSCF2913.jpg

Good luck! Keep us posted.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Tank, I haven't aven't even checked, but if yours isn't, then I am guessing mine isn't either. I have the chrome 24" wheelset that was originally on Beer Run that is more than likely 36 hole. I'll have too look around my bike stash for other 24" wheels, or pick something up at a yard sale.

I can't justify paying $80 plus shipping for a rim (unless I apply my YSD logic).

Tank, that tire you have on the OCC looks sweet. Is it a 24x3?
I was thinking about running with a 26 creme Fat Frank up front, but maybe I will try having 24x3 Thick Bricks all the way around.

I know they will look good on the back and on the side car, since I have so many of them to use !!!!!!! :wink: :p
Brett, Maybe I will even add a trailer that uses two more Thick Bricks 8) :oops:

Yep, it's an Electra Fatti-O 24 x 3. It's a little tight with the OCC fork, but if the rim is true, you'll be fine. Looks mean as a hornet, don't it?

DSCF2915.jpg

I can't wait to cheer on the builds this year!

Cheers,
Dr. T

I already have an ad up on CL asking for rusty sheet metal.

A co-worker of mine just told me he has a pair of rusty VW bug fenders. I don't know if they are front or back, but this could get interesting!!!!! HEAVY, but interesting!

If they're German-made fenders, yes. if they're Mexican-made or aftermarket, maybe. Ask my broken big toe how i know.... :roll: :mrgreen:

in any case, some VW fenders on a bike! OH YEAH!!!!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Still no photos of the fenders, but he said they are the front fenders of a Super Beetle.

They should look something like this but with some dings and dents. Can you wrap your head around this photo and see a sidecar???? Maybe even have the headlight holes in the rear as jet ports?????
4021407.jpg

4021408.jpg

kingfish254 said:
Still no photos of the fenders, but he said they are the front fenders of a Super Beetle.

They should look something like this but with some dings and dents. Can you wrap your head around this photo and see a sidecar???? Maybe even have the headlight holes in the rear as jet ports?????
4021407.jpg

4021408.jpg

That would be cool, or even just as a brake light would be awesome. Do it!

yoothgeye said:
Alright, I might as well start creeping on this thread now since you are my possible "competition." :wink:

All "Creeps" are welcome to peek in and be amazed!!!! :p

Looked back through my photos and ideas on this thread. Sitting here thinking out loud a bit.

Going back and forth on what to do with the VW fenders. They would be very cool to make the sidecar with. They could even be welded together even tighter to make a fat rear fender for the bike itself.

Or I could go with the chopper trike build and use them on the back of the trike!!!
My plans for the trike build was to use a pair of whitewall harley tires on OCC rims, but I just looked at the old Western Flyer trike photo and I think those are 24" rims. Thick Bricks could look just about as good as the Harley WWs.
Photo_569BBF97-53FE-D88B-F83E-BB98FC9DA2E9.jpg

If I do the trike I kinda planned on using this big metal igloo cooler across the back with wheelwells cut out into it.
Also just thought that if I build the sidecar, I could make it a beercar by incorporating the cooler in long ways. It could look pretty cool sandwiched between the fenders.
cooler.jpg

gcrank1 said:
Weld the fenders together to make a front fairing or nosecone, if you prefer........

Now that would really be challenging, but cool. I would definitely have to have longer forks to give some frame steering clearance. I'll have to think on that one. Thanks for the idea gcrank.

No, that's outskirt that has the tandem reverse trike. What a bizarre bike. I am really looking forward to seeing what he does with it.

I am having second and third thoughts too. Lately I have been thinking more about building a great rat rod bike for me to use around town. I don't need a chopper trike. I don't need a stretch sidecar. Maybe I should concentrate on a bike that would be cool and fit my needs and not worry so much on a bike that is so out there and a vote getter. No telling what I will end up doing until mid May.

Latest posts

Back