KBO Schwinn Dx Klunker Redo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ended the kbo with kind of a rush job. while the bike was light, the fork handled horribly. i didn't realize the geometry differences between the motorbike/autocycle frames with the truss style forks and the 40-41 dx frames with the forged ashtabula looking forks. the 'light' klunker project waits for another day. anyway, here's the dx with a different wheelset and a fork that rides right!

the completed bike
DSC01544.jpg

DSC01546.jpg

brooks b68
DSC01547.jpg

vintage suntour bmx pedals, well used but not used up
DSC01545.jpg

morrow coaster brake
DSC01551.jpg

sram drum brake front hub
DSC01549.jpg

under a lot of silver spray paint, rods with just the right patina. i feel kinda bad- i think i 'sniped' the same guy in 2 different auctions, but man, i was ready for a fork......
DSC01552.jpg

Bendix, looks awesome. I need to go back and remember everything you put onto that bike.

41DX said:
Bendix, looks awesome. I need to go back and remember everything you put onto that bike.

how did that black dx turn out? did i miss it on here somehow or is it still in the works?

Rat Rod said:
Love this bike...those Suntour pedals are tasty.

Great combination of parts! :D

it's funny, a guy came in w/an old fisher montare one day and said he'd had those pedal on there for 20 years and decided even though he wasn't having any problems it was just time for new ones. i was happy to oblige :)

armandgil said:
Cool!!! How heavy is your Morrow hub? The one I have weighs about the same as my downhill bike. :lol:

well, i don't know- it is a whole lotta hub, that's for sure!

sensor said:
looks good! really like the drum up front and the headbadge is sweet :mrgreen:

that's the first sram drum i've used. i like the fact that once you pop off the cheesey plastic cover it's sort of old school looking (at least on the one side). wish i'd matched the fork color a little better, but the dirtier it gets the harder it is to tell it only matches one small spot where the kickstand was!

Back