Junk Pile Rats

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Bike Buds,
Trying to get the picture size thing a little better,heres a couple Rats for ya's.The purple bike is a 1950's Columbia "Torpedo" that I did for fun about 7 years ago.This thing has mileage to the moon and back and been on vacations and different bike trails everywhere.Rattle can paint job,JC Higgins beehive springer,64 tooth chainring and bendix 2 speed kickback make this a comfy fast trail burner.Should add a front brake it tends to stop a little later than what I want it to so I just pull a Fred Flintstone every now and then.
PB280087.jpg

PB280086.jpg

PB280088.jpg

This next to be "cristened " rat is a Columbia "Fire Arrow" with the double headlight tank.This thing has been taking up room for way to long and after seeing some of the great stuff on this forumn decided to get ur done, it'll be a fun winter project.I have all the necessary junk to butcher what mother nature and that 8 year old kid didn't finish.Gonna keep the original paint,drop a SpaceLiner springer on it and 24" front wheel,keep the back 26" with the bendix 2 speed and 2.125 redline rubber and throw on another one of those Big MO chainrings.Not sure about the rest of the goodies just yet.Will post more pics on the gallery as this Junk Rat progresses.
Thanks,ride fast and cheers.

PB280103.jpg

PB280090.jpg

PB280104.jpg

PB280091.jpg

NICE bikes! You're making me feel old, TWICE! The size of that chainring, and I remember a neighbor getting the red one NEW! KOTA

KOTA said:
NICE bikes! You're making me feel old, TWICE! The size of that chainring, and I remember a neighbor getting the red one NEW! KOTA
I actually have two of these,here's the other restored one,I feel kinda bad I haven't ridden it in years.To many bikes,not enough time to ride them all like everybody else on this forumn.
PB280093.jpg

PB280094.jpg

PB280095.jpg

PB280092.jpg

Kool Bikes!, I really like the 64 tooth and 2 speed combination. I picked up a 64 tooth about 6 weeks ago and another redband 2 speed a month ago, now I know for sure what Im going to do with them. Oh, the Spaceliner!!!!! WOW, Looks FFaaassstt. Dangerous Dan

That restored red bike is GORGEOUS, and oh yeah, if you need someone to ride it, I'll do it for a fee......but I can only afford about ten bucks!

awsome bikes, love the way the big sprocket works ...Its giving me EVIL ideas..... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

dangratsdan said:
Kool Bikes!, I really like the 64 tooth and 2 speed combination. I picked up a 64 tooth about 6 weeks ago and another redband 2 speed a month ago, now I know for sure what Im going to do with them. Oh, the Spaceliner!!!!! WOW, Looks FFaaassstt. Dangerous Dan
I "m new to the forumn and posted a few of my SpaceLiner on the intro thread, it has the big mo chainring on it also,it is scaryfast like a 454 chevelle- all speed no handling.Thanks glad you like them.

outsider13 said:
awsome bikes, love the way the big sprocket works ...Its giving me EVIL ideas..... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
The big sprocket rocks!!!Will get you a warning on the bike trail if your not careful !!!

KOTA said:
That restored red bike is GORGEOUS, and oh yeah, if you need someone to ride it, I'll do it for a fee......but I can only afford about ten bucks!
That one is only a single speed,you'd probably be bored in 15min.LOL!!!

Back