Jackz

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks fantastic !!! but how do you get the fork to work with the head tube ( just curious cus ive ran into that prob before and never solved it)

The tires came from Nashbar. As for the fork and head tube I have not put the whole thing together. I will try now and see. The head tube is not the same as most older balloon tire bikes. The headset is like an old British bike style. I can also shim it up if needed. I will send a closer pic of the headset and tube when the frame is finished. I put the seat together last night. The cover is had to get tight. There is still a few wrinkles in the top. This is the first time doing a seat. I will post pics later. Most of the work on this bike is the first time doing this. I have a great teacher and he shows me how to do it before I attempt it. Most of the work is simple though.

I have been working on the bike and now have some pics of the wheels and Jackz panel. The wheels are the ones in a previous post that were silver and now are black. It was easier than building the original rims into wheels. The original rims were a little too rough. Here is the wheels.
RatRod060.jpg

This is the panel that was all black, now you can see the Jackz theme. I love the movie and am collecting some of the movie theme items.
RatRod061.jpg

RatRod062.jpg

The bike should be done in a day or two.

I put the bike together last night and today. Here is the finished bike. I will take my finished pictures and post them later this week.
RatRod064.jpg

RatRod063.jpg

RatRod066.jpg

RatRod065.jpg

It's awesome and those pics with the creepy trees are perfect. Great looking bike.

I was out today to take my final pictures of the bike. When I put the bike back in the van and closed the back door I heard some strange noises behind me. When I turned to look I was surprised to see about 25 Wild Turkeys running to me looking for food. They were pecking my shoes and pants. By the time I got the bike back out and set the camera up most of them were gone because I had no food. I did get 2 pics of them. It is ironic as today is Thanksgiving Day in USA. Happy Thanksgiving to those in USA.
RatRod115.jpg

RatRod116.jpg

Sweet looking bike! My wife loves Nightmare before Christmas and will probably love this bike. Were you attacked at Birds hill Park? I'm from Winnipeg, still a Winnipegger but am currently in BC.

One would have to be a....turkey....not to like that bike. That bike is awesome. great job. Happy Thanksgiving.

Yes that is in Birds Hill Park. I live right next door to the park. Great place to live. The park is empty on cold days like today around -15 when I was there. Cold wind too. It is forcasted to be cold for a few days. Still almost no snow.

KOOL BIKE. Nice final pics. Calendar shots. 8) Dangerous Dan

Latest posts

Back