• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to RatRodBikes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

J.C Higgins Flightliner frame for sale

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
image_zpsg9r1ahmr.jpeg
I had this J.C Higgins Flightliner frame and I had big plans for it. I had it sandblasted but wanted to change course and look for a different frame because I just cannot get the seat post out for the life of me. Selling it for $100 shipped. Don't like the price? Make an offer. I also have the rear utility rack I'm willing to sell also, that is not sandblasted.

Cool frame I have one my self, big plans also I hope . Thankful mine has no post in it . What's the rack look like & how much $

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks I have that same rack , from a space liner I wasn't sure if they were the same or not .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks familiar! Sorry the seat post wouldn't let go. I knew it was going to be a challenge for you, but thought it would give in with some effort, oil and patience.
There are a few threads in "How To" where people have managed to find a way to get any and all seat posts out regardless of how stuck they may have been. I believe the next owner can get it out one way or the other and have a bargain of a blank canvas Flightliner frame!
Hahaha, you bet my friend. I will keep working on it in the meantime at first I thought it was welded on there but nope, it's just seized to the bone.

if you can get it to move up or DOWN its a good thing. i have got em loose before by knocking it down first then once it moves try twisting and pulling up. You could also drill a hole in bottom bracket and take a punch to try and knock it up

if you can get it to move up or DOWN its a good thing. i have got em loose before by knocking it down first then once it moves try twisting and pulling up. You could also drill a hole in bottom bracket and take a punch to try and knock it up
I'm going to take your guys's advice and give this thing heck

Frame upside down, seat post vertical, heat the tube that holds the seat post and spray pb blaster in the bottom block holes so it drips down to the seat post and in between tube and post, finally twist frame, easy, repeat till free.
Yeah, what he said.

Well it didn't go as easy as I had hoped. But as a teaser the following was used, a 2 tanked welding torch,cutting torch, chisel, sledgehammer, prybar, all of which epically failed. It was welded in there a good amount of the way then pounded in after that. So I modified the stem a bit by opening up the frame around it and then cut my own custom piece bike seat bar off of another one I had. Hammered it onto and down into the frame. Reheated the metal back up and closed it as tightly around it as I could get it. Then welded it in place. Sanded it all down so it would look and flow as best as it possibly could together. And finally sprayed it all down with a wetsandible enamel based primer that also is a filler for any pockets or holes. So I put it together as a mock up, I had wanted it to be powder coated hunter green but I'm really liking the flat black, the cream tires and the flat black makes it look really nice and antique in a way. I still need a seat and a chain and I want to get the truss rods and crank rechromed I'm still considering adding that rear rack it would look so cool with it.. I had turned the handlebars because I am going for the board track look.. Also I would still like to get a tank for it.
2305F81F-1F31-4B4F-8BBF-581FACFA354F_zpsad1nkohv.jpg

15867941-2F71-49A1-8A4F-2A3AFF9BDF20_zpsor9lg4wl.jpg

91B871D3-C3C6-4963-9992-81305D9B6E42_zpsottcxunq.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back