I've got this schwinn seat.....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I can't find hardly anything about it....... it came on my 67 fastback and it's a deep tufted gold banana seat, I've heard they came on the ramshorn bikes but mine had the handlebars and chainguard already missing so I don't know if this is a ramshorn bike or not........have any info on the seat?
012.jpg
013-2.jpg

007-1.jpg
014-2.jpg

should be the same seat ramshorn or not, never heard of a gold seat coming on the ramshorns either though. they all yellow a bit with age, looks like a solid bike though. the lemon peeler had an odd grip color one year (maybe seat too) that i believe was more gold than yellow. and the black stingray fastbacks had either silver or black sparkle grips (can't remember exactly) which was a bit different.

Look how much whiter the bottom is than the top. That's a white seat with a case of UV poisoning. Gary

It's definately gold sparkles in the seat, and it's gold on the underside although it looks lighter in the pics, we have a couple white/silver sparkle seats and this is not like them, you can really tell the difference between the gold and silver flakes even with uv poisoning....

No, the seat pan is not sparkly, it is black and has a touch of rust....and It sure doesn't look to have been messed with,look at the rust on the seat rivets, but I guess anything is possible, I do know though that this particular bike has been in storage for at least 25 years, but after looking for a shifter and cable, I believe this bike may be worth more in parts than as a whole,see this is the first one I've thought of restoring, the other schwinns I have cut up for customs and just tossed the parts I didn't need or want in the trash sometimes I've given them away though, but I'm going to talk to my friends today as we just bought two truckloads of vintage schwinn parts from a lifelong collector who just got fed up with these bikes and the other collectors, we were going to sell this stuff pretty reasonable but after looking at what some of this stuff is going for.......I'm sure we'll be re thinking that.

If your talking about the sparkles being "gold" instead of silver I know what you're talking about, ive had several stingrays from 66 on up, seems the gold flakes show up more often around 67/68 bikes, i think it was just a change in the material the seat makers used. I don't think it specially equiped on certain models though if that's what your wanting to know. Schwinn was known for spreading parts around as they had stock / ran out / used something stashed away etc... look like a solid seat, it's got some wea but for somebody with an original bike showing wear, that's usually the seat they want ... one with matching wear and age.

Thank You!, I know I wasn't seeing things, I haven't seen a gold flaked one since I was a kid and I'm 52 years old. it does have a couple spots under the sissy bar, but other than that it cleaned up real nice, still soft too, this bike had been stored in a corner behind some shelves full of car and bike parts in a mom and pop alignment shop for I know 25 years, well.... I started working across the street in 83, and it was there then so that's 29 years......man I feel old now....

Latest posts

Back