is there such thing as a cool recumbant????

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sinner4 said:
A cool Bent would be the Marauder Reloaded from Atomic Zombie. I have the plans and the metal to build it. Some day, I have 5 builds going on right now
large2.jpg

i think i'll have to look into this one. i've been wanting to take the next step (down?) from a stretch cruiser to a full on recumbent. i just want to try making one and this looks good.

Sinner4 said:
A cool Bent would be the Marauder Reloaded from Atomic Zombie. I have the plans and the metal to build it. Some day, I have 5 builds going on right now
large2.jpg

This looks pretty good, But build light, Looks like 50lbs to me. And I'd triangulate it at the headtube, thru the derailleur stalk, to the down/main tube at the headtube. This would stiffen up the steering a bunch.

And crappy front brakes like this guy is using are NOT recommended if you are remotely near a hill. This thing has rocket velocity speed potential on descents.

cuz of such a low center of gravity, right? you are right about those cheesy brakes too. they can get sticky and unreliable.

in the atomic zombie directions for that build he suggests disc brakes..... i even have the plans on how to build the trike version of this ride .......

Thats Brad on his Marauder II Lowracer and a sweet ride. It is a tad on the heavy side on the 40ish side. No need to stiffen any thing on that bike. I have the Meridian model which is just a higher off the ground and it flex's just like it's intended to, it's built in. I do not have any go fast parts on it and it is the bike that I thought would most likely get stuffed up my butt from going crazy fast. Stopping is not a problem with his brakes but most put disk brakes on them. I didn't because my entire bike came from the trash less the steering links. The original Marauder has no rear suspension and is a great deal lighter. I feel like I'm driving a sports car on my Meridian and it's the only thing that keeps my speed up with people half my age. Just put some miles on this bike and you might be making one for yourself.
edit: As far as being cool............come on now, you all can make a cool bike I've seen you do it.............

My nephew on my Meridian
Dave_Meridian04.jpg

Graylock

I would bet that the single HPV that got more people turned on to recumbents than any other was the Versatron Vectors.

They were never practical for street use and their records are far surpassed now by two-wheel vehicles, but the Vectors just plain looked awesome.
~

Bump to the top. My start of the F'lowroller. No plans, going by the pictures I can find
S5030075.jpg

S5030077.jpg

I saw a Bike E and liked the riding position, not too low, but still laidback. 600 bucks was never going to happen, so I was getting 20" bike parts together to make one when this came up on CL for 100 bucks. This thing was brand new without a scratch and all original from 2001, before they went out of business. They still go for 350-450 on Ebay. This thing looks like a 2x4 made into a bike, so it's not stylish, and the handlebars are hamster style. I've got an idea to make the bars better for riding and I'll be posting that up later. I've seen one of these painted up like the graffiti on trains that looked pretty cool, can't find a picture of it.

9uawc4.jpg

CCR said:
Remember these ? I know there was a video link on the forums here somewhere.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2009/04/ar ... with-bite/

good lord!!! somebody's channeling marty!!!

a full on recumbent is something i'm still wanting to try. for now, all i have is a fork i know i'll use and possibly some spin wheels if i make something that seems worthy of them.

Cool is obviously in the eye of the beholder OR the needs of the rider.

Latest posts

Back