iRide's "Go Green" Machine

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it back from paint yesterday and assemble it last night.
It's 95% done...100% of our part is done. It needs a box on the back, the signal lights wired up and the electric drive hub installed.
The paint is some kind of odd green with green pearl over everything.

I'll have some better pics later today.

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

Sorry but the pictures taking is horrible and it definitely doesn't do the paint justice. It's an Australian Ford color called Toxic Green with a green pearl over everything.

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0704.jpg

thatismytruck said:
Do I spy a place to mount a hitch ball? What do you plan to tow. I can't wait to see that!

Thanks guys...I really should have taken it somewhere else for photos.

The hitch is for a trailer that will be a sandwich board style sign. The guy I built this for has an advertising business and he charges local shops by the hour to advertise on the trailor. The trike, believe it or not, was only made to attract attention to the sign...pretty expensive attention getter if ya ask me.

Can you please explain the "Electric Drive Hub". I see the box on the base behind the seat post tube but do not see where that powers the trike. Battery used? Pictures would be sweet of that set up.

I can only hope my trike turns out as nice as yours did. I was thinking about making mine a dual drive also, but putting a 80cc motor on the other "non" drive side of the trike to get up some hills with my fat butt.

Sorry, I should have waited for the complete electric kit before posting pics. The drive isn't actually on the bike. BionX has dropped the ball and hasn't delivered it yet. If you'd like more info on the system, do a google search on Bionx electric drive hubs.

iRide Custom Bicycles said:
The hitch is for a trailer that will be a sandwich board style sign. The guy I built this for has an advertising business and he charges local shops by the hour to advertise on the trailor. The trike, believe it or not, was only made to attract attention to the sign...pretty expensive attention getter if ya ask me.

I wouldn't be looking at the sign. The trike looks amazing.

Latest posts

Back