ill post it later.......aka mr. moto

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sensor, I have to say this is one of my favs in the build-off. To me it seems that it only needs that little finishing touch, but too much would be, well, too much. But seriously this is a beautiful machine you got goin here!

i thought about asking you if you were going to do that. so now that your running fixed does this mean your going to practice all those kool lock up the rear wheel skids i see those zany kids do?

Looking Good!!! I like 28" tires and I hear you about mounting them. You have to get up close and personal with them sometimes to get em on the wheels. They do give a good ride. Let us know how the fixie works with them. The front sprocket is sweet. Thanks!!!

well......not much new to post still looking for the right spots for finished pictures but heres some in the daylight
illpostitlaterwheelsmounted002.jpg

illpostitlaterwheelsmounted001.jpg

and just to prove that even though its a single speed its from waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back.....
singlespeedhub.jpg

new departure model brx
yeah mounting the tires wasnt the funnest thing in the world but theyre on and ill never have to worry about flats :wink:

now that is a sic bike an a fixie. you need your head fixed.lol, your not really going to ride it are ya? no way i could ride it. got a couple of youg guys at the shop, an man the things they can do on a fixie. i tell em there crazy to ride in the traffic we have up here. man they want to run all over bikers. you ride it get a pic, i want to see ya do a skid stop. i do like the bike , nice an simple like ya say.

Outlaw 8)

yeah i have been riding it for the past 2 weeks......nope no crazy lock up skids(flipped bars and no toe clips arent really good for trying either) only reason i left it fixed is i didnt have a hub for it and now that karfer offered me one i havent been able to find any nipples that are long enough to fit through the wheels

thanks!
well i toyed around with not doing the tank on this(was hoping for an original but it got sold :x )
then thought about just not tanking it for once(itd be the first with out one) then thought about doing a sealed tank(again :roll: )
but then idle hands got the better of me so heres close to what ill have on there when im done(didnt look at how it was flanged before i started and dont have anymore stock so wont be exact but close enough :wink: )
about what itll be.....
http://www.nostalgic.net/pictures/1108.htm
and yeah ill post some pictures when i have some charged batteries
now where can i get some piano hinges...................... :idea:

well batteries held out long enough for this(not much to see yet just tacked and waiting for the blade and welding).......

maybe ill actually remember to get some blades when the tool guy comes tomorrow so i can cut the door opening out :roll:

It's about time!......... :wink:

yeah now that the parts for 2 of the 3 cars im working on wont be in until monday......ive got the rest of the week off :|
so i guess ill get this tank knocked out today and mounted for the ride on sat! heres with the unfinished door and the hinge in place(i had to sacrifice the first 'toolbox' i ever owned for the hinge :( ).........

still have a little cutting welding and fitting to do but soon ill be slathering this with some bubble gum(thanks for the tip boneshaker :lol: )

you do realize that I'm watching this tank thingy. you should never have let on that you could competently build one. now you are going to get no rest until you build one for my motorbike. :mrgreen:
also I didn't see anywhere where you mention gluing the tires on. the "semi-pneumatic" 28" tires are notorious for slipping and ripping off the fake valve stems.
Scott 8)

the tank is stunning i saw it in person and wow the fab is amazing. and like fleetwood said you should make those and sell them

thanks for the compliments! just for the record i never claimed to be competent!
well heres the tank about 90% done
illpostitlatertankaged002.jpg

illpostitlatertankaged001.jpg

still need to do the lettering and finish aging the paint(and no i didnt use the secret sauce boneshaker :wink: )

Latest posts

Back