ICHI BIKE'S 53' SCHWINN KLUNKER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
So through a bit of horse trading Dan Koenig of Ichi Bike and I agreed to a trade and I ended up with his 53 Schwinn Klunker...this thing's a BEAST!

This bike has a variety of really cool parts, but if you know me, I can't leave well enough alone. The drive-train consists of an SA 8 speed rear hub and SA front drum brake. I've never owned a modern SA internally geared hub so I'm not sure if they are difficult to adjust and keep adjusted or not. Right now it's not wanting to shift into certain gears and I'm hoping it's just a cable adjustment issue. I basically pulled the bike out of the box, slapped it back together and tried riding it around. My first impression was that the bike felt HUGE for a cruiser....the super wide bars and laid back post contributed to that effect I'm sure.

The red grips and red cranks will have to go and I would also prefer to have a black seat on the bike as well. Not sure what else I will swap out just yet.

So anyway...this will be my next little project to play around with and make my own. :D

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

Re: THE ICHI BIKE 53' DX

Cool collection of parts. I agree on the on all your upcoming changes. I like the looks of the curved chrome fork with the truss bars.

Re: ICHI BIKE'S 53' DX KLUNKER

axsepul said:
Looks like an awesome ride but isn't that a straight bar instead of a dx

Nice catch.

Mr. Tick has some cool parts and a wild mouth.

Have any of you ever seen a decent set of MTB front suspension fit to one of these older cruisers? I have been out of the MTB seen for a long time but would love to hit some light trails again on one of these bikes. :)

Man, that thing looks tough, nice score.

yep its a very nice bike.. and it has to be cheaper to feed than horses how many horses did you trade and how do the kids get to school
if you traded away all the horses :oops:

Back